• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whatmore quits Bangladesh

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Brilliant servant to Bangladesh cricket. They owe him so much.

I don't think he'd do well coaching teams like India or England (I know England have already found a coach) because of their politics and media, but I think he'd do a great job going back to Sri Lanka.
But honestly, coaching a team for the 3rd time........ is it really advisable???

pasag

RTDAS
But honestly, coaching a team for the 3rd time........ is it really advisable???
Yeah, it's a fair call, but it will be a new side probably, with their top three players out (not sure about Murali, he keeps saying he can go to 2011 but Lara and Warne said similar things and we know what happened there) and there will be a big challenge in SL coming up which would be good for him.

Nishant

International 12th Man
probably not.....but at least he may now what they are all abt! But i still think that Whatmore going to india is more likely and thats what he want as well anyway!

adharcric

International Coach
Brilliant servant to Bangladesh cricket. They owe him so much.

I don't think he'd do well coaching teams like India or England (I know England have already found a coach) because of their politics and media, but I think he'd do a great job going back to Sri Lanka.
Plenty of politics in Sri Lankan cricket, no?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Are there?
The politics in Sri Lanka cricket, are pretty big. But in the past Watmore been able to handle it pretty well. Moody also worked his way around it after a year or so. Its probably easier to make politics actually work in your favour in Sri Lanka, if you handle it right.

On the coaching front, i doubt Watmore will come to Sri Lanka again. He will probably go to India, to show his got a different dimension to his coaching. He probably would want to show he can get the most out of superstars, as well as up and comers.

I reckon Bangaladesh will sign up their Academy Coach (can;t remember his name, Moyes or something), his bascially worked will all the plays in the national team. It will be just like the Moores and Nielsen signing really. For Sri Lanka if Moody leaves i hope Trevor Penny stays and coaches us.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think Bangladesh need a coach who will be quite an authoritarian figure and impose a lot of discipline onto the side. It became quite noticable in the World Cup that when they were getting beaten, a catch was dropped or some other sort of indiscretion then the players would drop their lip and slacken off. This kind of thing won't help them improve as an ODI or Test side so a coach who can give them some confidence and keep the discipline would be best.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
yeah i would like him to take up bangladesh's coaching job because bangladesh needs exactly what he was trying to do with india but he does have 2 coaching jobs lined up for him. One is in india's national academy and the other is in australia