• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are England the only ones not to pick a 30 man squad for the World Cup

hourn

U19 Cricketer
I think its a pointless exercise. What do they gain from it??

While at the same time they get peoples confidence down who aren't picked when they thought they would be such as MacGill and Steve Waugh (although i dont think Steve will ever be short on confidence)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
having done a fair bit of work on this this morning I can state that:

Canada have a provisional 22
Australia, South Africa, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and West Indies have selected 30 man provisionals
The Netherlands have selected their 15 already.
Nothing from India, Zimbabwe, Kenya, New Zealand, Namibia or Bangladesh as yet.
There aren't 30 fit Englishmen, so there's no point in naming a squad!

Final 15's have to be announced by 31st December...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by marc71178
I can't see them selecting one to be honest.
Its because England basically already know their ODI squad.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by hourn
I think its a pointless exercise. What do they gain from it??

While at the same time they get peoples confidence down who aren't picked when they thought they would be such as MacGill and Steve Waugh (although i dont think Steve will ever be short on confidence)
Personally i don't think Steve and Stuart were expecting to be on the list....

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ don't seem to be into this idea of picking 30 players. So I don't think we'll see a list from the selectors, I reckon they'll pick 18 instead.

Bazza

International 12th Man
I don't really see the point in naming 30 men squads at this stage. 10 of them probably have no chance barring something strange of making it to the final XV, so why name so many players??