• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Malik confirmed as Pak captain

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good to hear, we've been waiting official confirmation for a few days. Should be a good leader.

Fusion

Global Moderator
In a positive sign, Malik got the public backing of Imran Khan. Imran's endorsement carries a lot of weight in Pakistan. It was Imran who originally championed Younis as a successor to Inzi.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Good tactic by the PCB. Spread rumors about giving Malik the captaincy and see if their's a negative reaction. In the event there is a lack of one, go ahead with it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And to date it remains true unless I'm much mistaken.

But Malik may take it further still... I hope, at least.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Actions speak louder than words. Or at least they did in that case.

Anyhow - I have no belief that Inzamam intended such a course of action. Had there been stronger intervention (from Match-Referees, etc.) the game wouldn't have been forfeited and the ramifications would have been no greater than on the other few famous walkoffs (Gavaskar '81, Ranatunga '99, etc.).