• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Unusual home schedule announced

LA ICE-E

State Captain
well isn't it that they have the most crowds on boxing day? but i don't get why they have sri lanka's tour broken in two parts when they could have the sri lanka test series then tri-series and then Chappell-Hadlee Trophy

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
awesome for us to get a game in Canberra, about time too, after the success of the PM's XI in recent years we deserve it...

burr

State Vice-Captain
oooh this sounds sooo much better. Test matches later in the season is fabulous. Test cricket should be played in summer, i.e. Jan and Feb, not all over just after new years. And the Australia day Adelaide test again?! It's great IMO.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Liking this schedule, although it'll make it a bit difficult for me to go to Adelaide etc. to see India. Boxing Day will be huge.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
oooh this sounds sooo much better. Test matches later in the season is fabulous. Test cricket should be played in summer, i.e. Jan and Feb, not all over just after new years. And the Australia day Adelaide test again?! It's great IMO.
Pfft. Summer is June and July. :p

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I expect SL squad for the Test series to include one BSM Warnapura (touted as SL's successor to Sanath J ) and Chamara Kapugedera .

Although I expect Sanath J will extend his career till this series.

I hope Moody is still with us then.

pasag

RTDAS
Nov.8-12 First test v Sri Lanka, Brisbane
Nov.16-20 Second test v Sri Lanka, Hobart
Dec.11 Twenty20 international v New Zealand, Perth
Dec.14 First one-day international v New Zealand, Adelaide
Dec.16 Second one-day international v New Zealand, Sydney
Dec.20 Third one-day international v New Zealand, Hobart
Dec.26-30 First test v India, Melbourne
Jan.2-6 Second test v India, Sydney
Jan.16-20 Third test v India, Perth
Jan.24-28 Fourth test v India, Adelaide
Feb.1 Twenty20 international v India, Melbourne

Tri-Series
Feb.3 Australia v India, Brisbane
Feb.5 Sri Lanka v India, Brisbane
Feb.8 Australia v Sri Lanka, Sydney
Feb.10 Australia v India, Melbourne
Feb.12 Sri Lanka v India, Canberra
Feb.15 Australia v Sri Lanka, Perth
Feb.17 Australia v India, Adelaide
Feb.19 Sri Lanka v India, Adelaide
Feb.22 Australia v Sri Lanka, Melbourne
Feb.24 Australia v India, Sydney
Feb.26 Sri Lanka v India, Hobart
Feb.29 Australia v Sri Lanka, Melbourne
March 2 First Final, Sydney
March 4 Second Final, Brisbane
March 7 Third Final (if required), Adelaide

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Love the schedule, althoughi would've changed when the CH series was played as with it being smack bang in the middle of 2 test series, i wouldn't be suprised if there are a few players rested for the series....

Craig

World Traveller
TBH the CH series isn't all that relevent, and throw in the CB series in between the Tests and we have an old school schedule.

At the risk of the Greigy I will rate India's chances as zero at the WACA.

howardj

International Coach
So much for them paring back the CB Series - it's as protracted as ever, unfortunately. Also gutted that Brisbane is slated to host Sri Lanka, rather than India, for our annual Test Match. On the positive side though, good to see that the Test component of the Summer is not over by January 6. Personally, I like the Tests to reach as far into the Summer as possible.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Interesting schedule - bit surprised to see a Janruary Perth Test - they haven't had a Test at the WACA in that month since '97 (when Ambrose's bat got stuck in a crack!) - because of the heat? I suspect they have put the CH series after the SL Tests so they can keep the Boxing Day/New Year Tests (Sydney Tests get lower crowds when they are not at New Year). At least hopefully SL will get home this time - in 1989-90 they split the tri series for the Pakistan Test series and poor old SL had to wander round Australia playing minor matches (not even against states). I'm also surprised they haven't reduced the number of games in the tri series as they did when they first hosted the CH series. PS - the new Wisden said Australia weren't interested in hosting the CH series - funny how that changed once they had their a**es kicked in NZ this year!!!:laugh:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Tri Series seems to be longer than the Entire World Cup, well atleast for some countries .;)