• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is England a minnow one day side?

Is England a minnow one day side?

• Total voters

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Don't start Camel56ing. 8-)
I've no idea what you mean, but as a general rule I'd suggest not using made-up words is a helpful expedient in conveying your meaning. &, if you aren't sure what a word means, you might want to try using a synonym that you do understand.

Happy to help. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You did just about exactly what the Camel56 types (the biggest ****wit(s) in my time at the forums - yes Neil, amits included) did here

BoyBrumby

Englishman
You did just about exactly what the Camel56 types (the biggest ****wit(s) in my time at the forums - yes Neil, amits included) did here
Your point being?

Would you rather I let you go on using a non-word incorrectly? If such a thing is possible...

What did you think "grandilesquent" meant?!??! :blink:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I was pretty certain I'd read the word before - and that it meant... well, more or less what you say grandiloquent means.

I was using it more in the context of being over-exaggerated.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
But the only way you're saying that they are minnows is be removing selected games - games which happened and are the clearest indicator that they're not minnows.
Nah I am not saying they are minnows or not because that..

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
they have been an inconsistent one day side, but they are most certainly not reduced to minnow standards by any stretch of imagination whatever statistics get thrown around....they are any day better than bangladesh, zimbabwe, ireland etc and can beat all the top teams on their day....

LA ICE-E

State Captain
any team can beat all the top teams on their day...and i don't see why you include bangladesh in the minnow list...

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yes they are in between but are neither a odi class team nor a minnow.
If they aren't an ODI class team then they are non-ODI class which means they are a minnow in a sense, as tough as it is to take. They are in between in the sense that they are much better than the other non-ODI class teams but not quite as consistently good as the ODI class teams.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
yeah i guess so, ireland has been more consistent in their performance than bangladesh. And that's not a low blow to bangladesh cause they have improved a lot but ireland is just a good team with the ability to be more consistent than bangladesh is right now. But in a sense that's the same with england.

Perm

yeah i guess so, ireland has been more consistent in their performance than bangladesh. And that's not a low blow to bangladesh cause they have improved a lot but ireland is just a good team with the ability to be more consistent than bangladesh is right now. But in a sense that's the same with england.
Ireland are nowhere near ODI class, they are definately behind Bangladesh in the pecking order. I know that the Irish have had a superb tournament and their victories against Pakistan and Bangladesh were things to savour. Equally in the games they did lose they were not completely dominated, as was expected and they actually put up a very good fight.

Ireland do not have the short term potential to be as good as Bangladesh. They are a bunch of tireless workers who battled very hard to get where they are right now, they do not have the talented individuals that Bangladesh have to provide consistent opposition to the ODI class nations. Hard work only gets you so far, you need talent to sustain it though.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
yeah, you need both but talent alone won't do it. england's really talented but they aren't consistent. Ireland may not be consistent in the future and their new work load may get back at them but they were more consistent in their performances in this wc than bangladesh and may be england...

Perm

yeah, you need both but talent alone won't do it. england's really talented but they aren't consistent. Ireland may not be consistent in the future and their new work load may get back at them but they were more consistent in their performances in this wc than bangladesh and may be england...
Exactly, without hard work then talent is just wasted. They were very consistent in the World Cup as I mentioned in my previous post, far more so than Bangladesh and England. Still, I don't think Ireland will be better than Bangladesh in the future, at least not in the near future.

pup11

International Coach
Yup i think England is just not serious about where their cricket is heading atm, they have lot of talent in their side but they probably are just not working hard enough.

I am really sick of hearing almost every English player say that "all the lads are looking very good at the nets" they just need to get their approach right.

grant28

School Boy/Girl Captain
1 of the silliest things ive ever heard. beat australia in cb series and beat new zealand twice there aswell. drew with pakistan 2-2 in summer. get themsleves into good position most games, too many good players in englands side compared to the REAL minnows like netherlands, scotland, ireland etc