• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Ranking Position For Each Nation.

southafrica

Cricket Spectator
Just out of interest, can anyone tell me which was the peak positions of each ODI team? I know Australia and South Africa have both reached number one... I think New Zealand peaked at number 2... Is this a difficult question to answer? Might be interesting... Shouldn't be that difficult, the ranking system has only been around since 2002...

Australia- 1
South Africa- 1
New Zealand- 2
Sri Lanka- 2?
India- 2/3?
Pakistan 2/3
England-?? 4??
West Indies- ??5/6??:wacko:
Bangladesh- 9
Zimbabwe-??8??:wacko:

?= not sure!:blink:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don't think Sri Lanka have been as high as 2
Since 2002:

SL were #2 from August - November 2004, and also from Feburary 2005 - September 2005.
Only other teams to be #2 were SA and for a very short time, NZ. England/Pakistan have been #3 before but not #2. I think India have been #3 very shortly (if at all).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just accentuates the obscene absurdity of said rankings, really. We'd done semi-decently in all of 7 games.