Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aussie contracts

International Vice-Captain

Aussie contracts

They will be named shortly after the world cup,wonder who will score a contract this season,expect a few surprises a few left field picks.
    Warne,martyn,langer and mcgrath gone,wonder if brad hogg will call it quits after the world cup.
    Heard simon katich and dan cullen,as well as kasperowicz and gillespie will lose their contracts.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Can't see why any of those four you mentioned in the last sentence would retain their contracts, Dan Cullen is maybe the only one but that depends on what Hogg and MacGill are doing next season.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Fair bets on Hogg leaving after the World Cup. MacGill is the kind of player who won't stop now he's got his chance. Even though he's how old??

Yeah, MacGill said he wants to stick around for another 2-3 years if possible.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Fair bets on Hogg leaving after the World Cup. MacGill is the kind of player who won't stop now he's got his chance. Even though he's how old??
    Hogg could quite possibly keep going until the next World Cup if he wanted to, with his fine form and the lack of any up and coming spinners who will be ready for the next season. MacGill is 36 but now that he's got an opportunity he'll cling to it, he's waited so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Hogg could quite possibly keep going until the next World Cup if he wanted to, with his fine form and the lack of any up and coming spinners who will be ready for the next season. MacGill is 36 but now that he's got an opportunity he'll cling to it, he's waited so long.
    Yeh I s'pose. I've always felt he'd go, though. Which would be a shame I'm an avid fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Yeh I s'pose. I've always felt he'd go, though. Which would be a shame I'm an avid fan.
    I think he'll go to, just pointing out that he could quite conceivably carry on for another few years.

Rogers and Hilfenhaus are certainties. Hard to know who, out of our FC middle order ranks is going to replace Katich and Martyn though (especially seeing as though chaps like Cosgrove really struggled last season).
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    I think he'll go to, just pointing out that he could quite conceivably carry on for another few years.
    yes i am an avid fan aswell its great to see a chinaman bowler and a good one at that with such wonderul control Bradd Hogg Exhibits for an over the wrist spinner in limited overs cricket.

He will retire although he has 4 years left in him

Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    Rogers and Hilfenhaus are certainties. Hard to know who, out of our FC middle order ranks is going to replace Katich and Martyn though (especially seeing as though chaps like Cosgrove really struggled last season).
    Well, one would assume Voges, given his test-squad selection and ODI appearances. I have a feeling Katich might be retained.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

This is close to what i think the contracts will work out as,my guess anyway.Not in any order.

1 rogers 2 jaques 3 hayden 4 ponting 5 m hussey 6 m clarke 7 a symmonds 8 s watson
    9 a gilchrist 10 b haddin 11s macgill 12 m johnson 13 b lee 14 s tait 15 s clark 16 b hilfenhaus 17 b hogg 18 c white 19 a voges 20 b hodge 21 a mcdonald 22 a noffke 23 s harwood 24 n brakken 25 j hopes.

I have a feeling that Brad Hogg will be given another contract as he's bowling brilliantly at the moment, and is a chance to play some Test Cricket, especially if we opt for two spinners on a turning wicket in the sub-continent.

1 Rogers 2 Hayden 3 Ponting 4 Clarke 5 Hussey 6 Symonds 7 Gilchrist 8 Lee 9 Clark 10 Johnson 11 Tait 12 MacGill 13 Hodge 14 Jaques 15 Bracken 16 Watson 17 Hogg 18 Hilfenhaus 19 Voges 20 Haddin 21 White 22 Cosgrove 23 Hopes 24 Noffke 25 Katich

Fair squad but how do you get cosgrove in there.

Quote Originally Posted by brockley View Post
    Fair squad but how do you get cosgrove in there.
    Similar way to how you got Harwood in there, except Cosgrove is a future talent and Harwood has played his one and only game for Australia, unless we rest our stars in the 20/20 World Championship rubbish in September.

Cosgrove is a great player and I don't think he's far away from making the ODI team at all.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I have a feeling that Brad Hogg will be given another contract as he's bowling brilliantly at the moment, and is a chance to play some Test Cricket, especially if we opt for two spinners on a turning wicket in the sub-continent.

1 Rogers 2 Hayden 3 Ponting 4 Clarke 5 Hussey 6 Symonds 7 Gilchrist 8 Lee 9 Clark 10 Johnson 11 Tait 12 MacGill 13 Hodge 14 Jaques 15 Bracken 16 Watson 17 Hogg 18 Hilfenhaus 19 Voges 20 Haddin 21 White 22 Cosgrove 23 Hopes 24 Noffke 25 Katich
    Brad Hogg will not play another test for Australia. He averages 40 in FC cricket, and isn't even picked for his state side.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information