• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bracken's test chances

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Experience my friend, that's another thing MacGill brings to the bowling attack.
He also brings a bad knee, pathetic attitude and a lot of crap delivieries. But let's just hush about those.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Laugh it up all you want. I haven't made a call like this for no reason. I'm more than happy to let his performances do the talking. IMO, Heal is the most promising spinner in the country, and I think it's pathetic that Cullen and Bailey get a lot of fuss about them when they are clearly not as skillful.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So basically you need Hogg to make the Australian test side so Heal gets a bit of a run.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I actually have watched him and I rate him, but he's not ready for test cricket yet. MacGill's got max 2 years in him, and by then Heal should be ready.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Cool. My arguement would be to play four pacers, but if you need a spinner, you'd pick Heal, because I believe he'd go better than MacGill.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Cool. My arguement would be to play four pacers, but if you need a spinner, you'd pick Heal, because I believe he'd go better than MacGill.
It's a shame Cam White didn't develop his leg spinners. He'd be a perfect number 6 if he could bowl.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's a shame Cam White didn't develop his leg spinners. He'd be a perfect number 6 if he could bowl.
Shane Watson is a much better batsman in the longer format, but White's leg spinners would have come in handy if he developed them more.

stephen

Yeah pretty sad how terrible he's become with his spinners. Could have had such a promising future as a leggy too.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Very slim. Unless Australia are going to the sub-continent where his off-cutters & cunning variations would be very effecting or its really swinging i.e early season England, a green cape-town wicket, or in NZ. I'd say he is strictly class ODI material...

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Shane Watson is a much better batsman in the longer format, but White's leg spinners would have come in handy if he developed them more.
I don't think he's much better at all and don't show me Watson vs White's first class stats..

Perm

I don't think he's much better at all and don't show me Watson vs White's first class stats..
Okay, so how am I supposed to prove my point then? Watson is a far better batsman, he actually scores runs in quality competitions. Good averages for Australia A and the Australians, not to mention his Pura Cup record. I'm afraid Cam White only scores runs on the road he bats on for Somerset.