• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa vs Pakistan Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Gotchya
Pakistan going well now at 5.88 an over

94/1 of 15 overs, Elahi has 48 Razzak has 31.

Has anyone noted a ****** in the commentary box ? maaan !
You seen the Zim/Ken commentry? There isn't any...or anything about the number of balls faced or boundary's hit...sheesh...not even any series or career stats...come on Cricinfo :(!

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Originally posted by vishnureddy
For a guy who doesn't have the technique Elahi is doing a damn good job:D:D
He's doing the job so technique or no technique. But still, some of the deliveries had him squared up completely.

No rik I was talking about the espn (?) transmission, they have this awful commentator on at times and its torture :( he sounds like a drunkard :(!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
He's doing the job so technique or no technique. But still, some of the deliveries had him squared up completely.

No rik I was talking about the espn (?) transmission, they have this awful commentator on at times and its torture :( he sounds like a drunkard :(!
Well on radio when listening to the Ashes Tests we have Kerry O'Keffee who sounds like he's about to choke and die when he laughs, and England we have Dermot Reeve who loves himself so much you want the earth to open up and swallow him whole, and Mark Nicholas who keeps making annoying observations like "Vaughan's too good to be left out of the ODI Side" Then he top edges one and gets dropped...

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
This partnership is looking very good.

Pak 144/1 off 24 a RR of 6.04
Elahi on 77 and Razzak on 49 Partnership has been explosive 103 runs off 134 balls.

I think the difference today has been that the Pakistani's have attacked every bowler from the outset. The mindset was much more positive..thats good !

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
What on earth is going on here? I think you've got to choose another player for your entry for the AA award...

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Did you choose him ? hmmm before picking a Pakistani for anything ask one first ! :lol: you never know what they might pull out of the hat.

I havent seen many overs yet without a boundary or a six hit. Still though this is a flat track..low bounce..reminiscent of ?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Did you choose him ? hmmm before picking a Pakistani for anything ask one first ! :lol: you never know what they might pull out of the hat.

I havent seen many overs yet without a boundary or a six hit. Still though this is a flat track..low bounce..reminiscent of ?
The Sub-Continent? They should feel right at home then! Well if Elahi keeps doing this then your gonna have to pick a new entry for the AA Award...I mean it's your country that depends on whoever you pick :lol:

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
200 up in the 30th over

Partnership record for the second wicket broken (165 previously)

Razzak at 84
Elahi at 96

And they say double the score after 30, I see a big one coming.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
200 up in the 30th over

Partnership record for the second wicket broken (165 previously)

Razzak at 84
Elahi at 96

And they say double the score after 30, I see a big one coming.
Maiden Century for Razzak, and a big one for Elahi...sheesh the pitch must be flat!

V Reddy

International Debutant

The same commentry is coming in India also. His commentry is really great.;):lol::lol::lol:;)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Pak 335 for 6.

SA 106 for 7. Pak has really hit back.

I see that all the "subcontinent struggle" theorists are keeping real quiet.;););)

...and this time, they must have actually managed to force Pollock square of the wicket, his figures are 10 - 0 - 61 - 0.:lol::lol::lol:

Now, will they come out and say that Pollock is just not good enough, I wonder?:P:P:P

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Neil Pickup
Cricket's a funny old game isn't it?

Now try and call the winner of the series from here.
Still think SA, but probably 3-2 or 3-1 (with a washout)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Originally posted by anilramavarma
Now, will they come out and say that Pollock is just not good enough, I wonder?:P:P:P
Of course not. Pollock is tried and proven many times over.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by anilramavarma
Of course not. Pollock is tried and proven many times over.
I know, but someone posted after the first one dayer saying that the Pakistanis couldn't even play Pollock square of the wicket and pointed to this as definite proof that subcontinent teams will struggle in the WC. I couldn't resist having a dig at him.

Originally posted by Bazzaroodoo
This was just the first match, Pollock will get his share of runs ! he's a good bowler on any pitch, and is bowling on home pitches atm.
Funnily enough, he will be doing that for the rest of this series. Oh and the world cup too!
I wonder what made him that much confident?? Its always stupid to base one's assumption on the outcome of one match!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by vandemataram
Originally posted by Bazzaroodoo
This was just the first match, Pollock will get his share of runs ! he's a good bowler on any pitch, and is bowling on home pitches atm.
Funnily enough, he will be doing that for the rest of this series. Oh and the world cup too!
I wonder what made him that much confident?? Its always stupid to base one's assumption on the outcome of one match!
Because he is correct, Pollock is bowling on home pitches for the rest of this series, and for the World Cup - surely nobody can argue that fact?

My mistake, i initially thought that he was saying that Polock won't go for runs in any of the comming matches.

BTW, are SA going to play any match in Zimbabwe during the WC?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by vandemataram

My mistake, i initially thought that he was saying that Polock won't go for runs in any of the comming matches.

BTW, are SA going to play any match in Zimbabwe during the WC?
England are being advised not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.