• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Cricket Panel (WC Edition)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Cricket Web Cricket Panel

The participants this time:
  1. Myself
  2. Kev
  3. Sean

Four questions were asked:

1. What do you think of the WC and its format/organization/structure/handling? (Listen)
  2. Role of the minnows at the WC? (Listen)
  3. Who can win the WC, aside from Australia? (Listen)
  4. Final predictions (Listen)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Very Good Effort, Some interesting analysis by Kev (Goughy). Fuller is a better writer, although I agree with what he says. ;)

Last edited:

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Very interesting, just disappointed, Kev, you didn't think South Africa was a good place to host a World Cup. Or at least didn't mention us. Even though our team was eliminated early in the tournament, the rest of the competition was well supported and the whole was deemed to be a resounding success, when we did host it.:)

Fusion

Global Moderator
Enjoyed the round table. Good effort by all! SS needs to get more involved, specially when there are only 2 other participants. :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Enjoyed the round table. Good effort by all! SS needs to get more involved, specially when there are only 2 other participants. :)
Yea, maybe if we have two people only. Generally, with three other people, it's best not to as there are too many already. I gave my opinion on SL just because they were the only team that weren't mentioned (of the teams that will make semi finals).

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
First couple of answers from me were all over the place, though it got a bit better. Kev was good as always.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great stuff guys. Would really like to hear SS's input when some Test cricket starts.
Agreed, most of the CW Round Rable discussion has been regarding ODI cricket and issues surrounding it. We'll see what happens when India lose to Bangladesh in the next Test series :p

shortpitched713

International Captain
Madman Manan Arrested after Attempted Assassination of Indian Pace Bowling Attack

A well known critic of the dire Indian seam bowling attack Manan Shah was today arrested after he attempted to wipe the bowlers out. Shah was earlier booted out of India's match against Bangladesh at Queens Park Oval after hurling constant abuse at the Indian Pace Barrage after they let the Tigers make a mammoth 2/424.

It is alleged that Shah pulled out an antique springfield rifle from under his shirt and attempted to gun down the bowlers, who incidently were only saved by his poor accuracy (how ironic), as they made their way out of the ground to hop on the team bus.
Liable to happen before Bagladesh get anywhere near a Test series win.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, wondered what Fuller sounds like soooooooo many times! :laugh:

With Gelman on that matter.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Fuller mumbled the first bit I couldn't really hear. Never expected Kev to sound like that either, then I remembered that he was born in Sheffield or somewhere like that. Manan was just as I expected. Good listening though, beats TMS anyday :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, you've not heard Kev before?

And yeah, thought exactly that about Fuller - most of a letdown, the Fuller we knew (and loved) is now surely gone forever, his reputation as a don't-take-no-****-knuckle-cracker lying in tatters on the pavement wall.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
I'm listening to it now. 1st saw the name minnows so had to listen to that and was happy to listen to it. I would like to take part next time when you guys talk about the minnows. But one thing i would like to point out that even though bermuda sucks they and kenya are the two teams with like all home grown players. Scotland, Netherlands, Ireland have some but it's just Canada with the expats. And I think you would be surprised when you see who the next team is with the most overseas players are netherlands.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think we pretty much all agree that it's far easier to type our thoughts regarding cricket than to actually speak them, which is why I think Fuller was a little bit of a letdown, everyone expected him to be just like his posts which was unreasonable. Goughy does a fine job of actually putting his thoughts across through speaking, as opposed to his posting.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Kev said something about not being much 300+ games. Well I would think that's a good thing 'cause it gets boring after a while when there's just so much runs and nothing for the bowlers. I don't see comlains when it's a batting pitch but when it's a bowling pitch why does it come up?