• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Cricket Panel (WC Edition)

pasag

RTDAS
If I could offer some constructive criticism, Goughy would be better as the host and SS would be better as the opinionated madman giving his opinions. That's what strikes me everytime the new editions come out - that the two roles would be perfect if switched.

Blaze

Banned
Goughy should have his own radio show. He was fantastic. Seriously CW should be utilising him more imo.

Faaip was excellent too, considering it is probably quite a hard thing to do for the first time.

Would love to see a bit more debate and interaction between the panelists in future...

adharcric

International Coach
If I could offer some constructive criticism, Goughy would be better as the host and SS would be better as the opinionated madman giving his opinions. That's what strikes me everytime the new editions come out - that the two roles would be perfect if switched.
I agree. Manan is doing a fine job as the host but Kev clearly has a vast pool of knowledge and does the best job of conveying it. He would be able to lead the discussion from the front. Meanwhile, Manan would be perfect for the "opinionated madman" role - just reserve him for topics related to test cricket and the Indian pace attack.

adharcric

International Coach
Would love to see a bit more debate and interaction between the panelists in future...
Good point. So far, it all seems a bit too organized and under control. Perhaps it's time for Richard/SS vs anyone or CC vs Kazo?

EDIT: Never mind, the latter could get ugly on the radio. :)

adharcric

International Coach
It should also be interesting to have special editions even beyond something like this one - an edition with three Aussie members regarding Aussie cricket, another with three English members regarding English cricket, and so on ...

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Woah, harsh IMO.
I didn't mean it to be offensive, Goughy is a fine poster but I feel he does a much better job when he is voicing his opinions as opposed to posting them on CW. Fuller is exactly the opposite, but considering it was his first time then I suppose he was a bit nervous, no doubt he'll improve if he does more of them.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, I hope I don't sound too harsh on Fuller here. :) No malice intended at all, it's gotta be hugely nervewracking (that Kev would admit to such a thing despite pulling-off an excellent performance in the first effort says it all really) and you can't really expect someone to completely replicate their posting style. I certainly won't... whenever I get the chance... of that I have no doubt.

Speaking of which... when's the next one and when do I get my go?!!!!!!!!!!! :@

Manan saying Fuller's name was fantastic too: "shaaaurn"

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, I've already added you, remember...

I'm "Rich | InDulciJubilo, Moonlight Shadow | RIP Bob Woolmer".

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Speaking of which... when's the next one and when do I get my go?!!!!!!!!!!! :@
SS please don't have a topic where he's going to be bashing the minnows or at least have someone like neil to back fire at him. I'm sure richard could talk about other things like england and stuff and he does a good job at that.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've no wish to talk about them, no, TBH, but I'd do it if I had to.

For obvious reasons I am indeed better at England-related matters than anything else.

And believe me, Neil wouldn't "fire back" at me, he knows from experience that it's a fruitless task!