• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

cricket vs rugby vs baseball vs others...

Cric123

School Boy/Girl Captain
I am guessing the 3 billion figure for the rugby is a cumulative one i.e. all matches in the world cup combined.

By the way, I think T20 cricket could easily spread to non-Commonwealth countries. The T20 World Cup should have twenty countries in it. It's an attractive product for people who otherwise do not find the game appealing, namely the test game but even the one day format.

The women's T20 World Cup should be held separately at another time. This will enable men's World Cup to be expanded to twenty nations. Having so many teams, men's and women's, in the same country, at the same time, makes it logistically difficult.

I would imagine if we didn't have test cricket and only had T20 cricket from the beginning (whenever cricket came into existence) it would be a world game by now, including the US which probably wouldn't have seen the need for baseball.

In lot of countries where basketball is played its a minority sport, and I mean very tiny minority.

I read an article the other day that in Nigeria at least a million people follow cricket. It's not a cricketing country so it was nice to hear there is a significant following there. I kind of wondered if it would be better to stage the T20 World Cup every two years as it would give smaller cricketing nations greater exposure more frequently, but I suppose staging it every four years, in between the ODI World Cup, would make it more special.

Last edited: