Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how did aamir sohail get so old?

Banned

how did aamir sohail get so old?

i was just watching him as commentator today and boy he looked so old for his age. I mean how old is he 40 at the most. and how did he get bald so quick with in a matter of 3 or 4 years?

Banned
    can you beleive this is aamir just ten years ago.

http://content-www.cricinfo.com/colu...yer/38967.html

i dont have his latest picture but he is totally bald now. and looks much older.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Some people age gracefully, others can age years overnight.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Banned
    yup ur right, once there was great indian actor in the 60's named Shammi Kapoor, up until 1969 he was a very handsome and fit actor but once he quit doing movies in 1970 he aged so rapidly by 1972 he was a obese old man who looked double his age.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by dass View Post
    i was just watching him as commentator today and boy he looked so old for his age. I mean how old is he 40 at the most. and how did he get bald so quick with in a matter of 3 or 4 years?
    I suspect a single delivery from a military medium bowler from Karnataka called Venkatesh Prasad may have had something to do with it

Banned
    but didn't aamir and saeed anwar blasted prasad and srinath all the time as openers in the 90's

Banned
    this is the indian actor i was talking about who aged overnight

This is him in 1969

And this is him in 1973 sitting with a kid, look at the difference just in 4 years

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by dass View Post
    but didn't aamir and saeed anwar blasted prasad and srinath all the time as openers in the 90's
    Oh! So you didnt see Venkatesh Prasad put balm on the permanent scar Miandad gave Indian cricket at Sharjah ??

Watch this

Pakistan were cruising on the way to another humiliating defeat for India and this time at home in Bangalore and in no less than a World Cup Quarter Final on 9th March 1996. Pakistan were making easy work of the task of chasing India's 287. Anwar and Aamir had slammed 84 for the first wicket in a dozen or so overs when Anwar fell for 48 in 32 balls.

Aamir continued with Ijaz Ahmed reaching his fifty (55 in 46 balls) with a six off Venkatesh Prasad. The rest is history and so is the match as Pakistan finally slid from 236 for 5 to 248 all out.

That must be the worst shot I have ever seen.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by James90 View Post
    That must be the worst shot I have ever seen.
    Which one the one that ended his innings or the six ?? Kidding.

We simply loved the match. Those were the days of cricket being proxy war between India and Pakistan PLUS they used to thrash us a bit more regularly thatn they do now

Its just that Sohail is just not ageing too gracefully so nothing too serious in that i guess.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    Oh! So you didnt see Venkatesh Prasad put balm on the permanent scar Miandad gave Indian cricket at Sharjah ??

Watch this

Pakistan were cruising on the way to another humiliating defeat for India and this time at home in Bangalore and in no less than a World Cup Quarter Final on 9th March 1996. Pakistan were making easy work of the task of chasing India's 287. Anwar and Aamir had slammed 84 for the first wicket in a dozen or so overs when Anwar fell for 48 in 32 balls.

Aamir continued with Ijaz Ahmed reaching his fifty (55 in 46 balls) with a six off Venkatesh Prasad. The rest is history and so is the match as Pakistan finally slid from 236 for 5 to 248 all out.
    Thank you so much for reminding me of that match.

I still remember my body going numb when we lost that match. I failed my maths final the next morning.
    RIP Craigos

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post

Watch this

Those were the days...........

Haha didn't expect to see pics of Shammi Kapoor on CW, but I guess this proves anything's possible!

As for Sohail and THAT game, it's got to be one of the most bone-headed, stupid act in the history of Pak cricket. I remember it clearly. Wasim pulls out of the game at the last minute due to injury. Pakistan are already feeling down because of this and then Ind bat and put an imposing total in front of their home crowd. Game over I thought. But then here come Anwar and Sohail blasting away, and suddenly there's concern on the faces of Indian players and the crowd goes silent. Even after Anwar falls, Sohail is going strong. I remember Imran Khan joining the commentary box around this time and the co-commentator greeted him by saying "you have a smile on your face, things are going well for Pakistan". Then Sohail succumbs to his stupidness and taunts Jadeja after hitting him for a boundary. Imran comments disapointingly "there is no need for that". The very next ball, Jadeja bowls Sohail. There goes the momentum and the scoring rate with him and Pakistan end up losing the game. To top it off, its Javed Miandad's last game and he goes off the field in near tears knowing that Pakistan are about to be knocked off the WC by their arch rivals. Yup, I have a few bad memories of that game!

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    As for Sohail and THAT game, it's got to be one of the most bone-headed, stupid act in the history of Pak cricket.
    Aamer has form for such a thing, did it repeatedly to South Africa's Steven Jack in the Mandela Trophy in 1995, after leading a brilliant counter attack against the South Africa 'pace' attack. Red head Jack was visibly fuming with Sohail but South Africa like India had the last laugh as Sohail was run out and they eventually won the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information