• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

how did aamir sohail get so old?

dass

Banned
i was just watching him as commentator today and boy he looked so old for his age. I mean how old is he 40 at the most. and how did he get bald so quick with in a matter of 3 or 4 years?

dass

Banned
yup ur right, once there was great indian actor in the 60's named Shammi Kapoor, up until 1969 he was a very handsome and fit actor but once he quit doing movies in 1970 he aged so rapidly by 1972 he was a obese old man who looked double his age.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
i was just watching him as commentator today and boy he looked so old for his age. I mean how old is he 40 at the most. and how did he get bald so quick with in a matter of 3 or 4 years?
I suspect a single delivery from a military medium bowler from Karnataka called Venkatesh Prasad may have had something to do with it :)

dass

Banned
but didn't aamir and saeed anwar blasted prasad and srinath all the time as openers in the 90's

dass

Banned
this is the indian actor i was talking about who aged overnight

This is him in 1969

And this is him in 1973 sitting with a kid, look at the difference just in 4 years

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
but didn't aamir and saeed anwar blasted prasad and srinath all the time as openers in the 90's
Oh! So you didnt see Venkatesh Prasad put balm on the permanent scar Miandad gave Indian cricket at Sharjah ??

Watch this

Pakistan were cruising on the way to another humiliating defeat for India and this time at home in Bangalore and in no less than a World Cup Quarter Final on 9th March 1996. Pakistan were making easy work of the task of chasing India's 287. Anwar and Aamir had slammed 84 for the first wicket in a dozen or so overs when Anwar fell for 48 in 32 balls.

Aamir continued with Ijaz Ahmed reaching his fifty (55 in 46 balls) with a six off Venkatesh Prasad. The rest is history and so is the match as Pakistan finally slid from 236 for 5 to 248 all out.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
That must be the worst shot I have ever seen.
Which one the one that ended his innings or the six ?? Kidding.

We simply loved the match. Those were the days of cricket being proxy war between India and Pakistan PLUS they used to thrash us a bit more regularly thatn they do now :)

pup11

International Coach
Its just that Sohail is just not ageing too gracefully so nothing too serious in that i guess.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Oh! So you didnt see Venkatesh Prasad put balm on the permanent scar Miandad gave Indian cricket at Sharjah ??

Watch this

Pakistan were cruising on the way to another humiliating defeat for India and this time at home in Bangalore and in no less than a World Cup Quarter Final on 9th March 1996. Pakistan were making easy work of the task of chasing India's 287. Anwar and Aamir had slammed 84 for the first wicket in a dozen or so overs when Anwar fell for 48 in 32 balls.

Aamir continued with Ijaz Ahmed reaching his fifty (55 in 46 balls) with a six off Venkatesh Prasad. The rest is history and so is the match as Pakistan finally slid from 236 for 5 to 248 all out.
Thank you so much for reminding me of that match. :dry:

I still remember my body going numb when we lost that match. I failed my maths final the next morning.

quytst0rm

School Boy/Girl Captain

Watch this

Those were the days...........

Fusion

Global Moderator
Haha didn't expect to see pics of Shammi Kapoor on CW, but I guess this proves anything's possible!

As for Sohail and THAT game, it's got to be one of the most bone-headed, stupid act in the history of Pak cricket. I remember it clearly. Wasim pulls out of the game at the last minute due to injury. Pakistan are already feeling down because of this and then Ind bat and put an imposing total in front of their home crowd. Game over I thought. But then here come Anwar and Sohail blasting away, and suddenly there's concern on the faces of Indian players and the crowd goes silent. Even after Anwar falls, Sohail is going strong. I remember Imran Khan joining the commentary box around this time and the co-commentator greeted him by saying "you have a smile on your face, things are going well for Pakistan". Then Sohail succumbs to his stupidness and taunts Jadeja after hitting him for a boundary. Imran comments disapointingly "there is no need for that". The very next ball, Jadeja bowls Sohail. There goes the momentum and the scoring rate with him and Pakistan end up losing the game. To top it off, its Javed Miandad's last game and he goes off the field in near tears knowing that Pakistan are about to be knocked off the WC by their arch rivals. Yup, I have a few bad memories of that game!

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
As for Sohail and THAT game, it's got to be one of the most bone-headed, stupid act in the history of Pak cricket.
Aamer has form for such a thing, did it repeatedly to South Africa's Steven Jack in the Mandela Trophy in 1995, after leading a brilliant counter attack against the South Africa 'pace' attack. Red head Jack was visibly fuming with Sohail but South Africa like India had the last laugh as Sohail was run out and they eventually won the game.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Thank you so much for reminding me of that match. :dry:

I still remember my body going numb when we lost that match. I failed my maths final the next morning.
I can fully understand. But do you have any idea what happened to us when Miandad hit that last ball six ?

It wasnt just the six, we were winning the match comfortably much before that last over. I was in office and india were sooooo comfortably placed. I left for home sure that it would be done by the time I reach home.

When I reached there was my wife with a friend of hers and they were both grinning from ear to ear as they asked me "do you know what happened in the match?"

I told them yes I knew India had won. Both of them, whose only interest in the game is to pronounce after every Indian defeat to make fun of our cricketers and ask why they dont give, smiled knowingly and told me I had another think coming. That India had lost with Miandad hitting Chetan Sharma for a six off the last ball. I tolds them it was impossible but soon I knew better :wacko: