Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News- Shoaib Malik Gets Pakistan Captaincy

Breaking News- Shoaib Malik Gets Pakistan Captaincy

Good choice
    He is young,has his odi spot secured, down to earth, and one of the best domestic captains along with afridi.
    It was a toss up between Malik and Afridi but cos malik's place is more secure he gets the nod over afridi

for the source click on the link below
    http://www.nation.com.pk/daily/apr-2007/15/sports1.php

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Didn't he lose a game on purpose or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    *waits for people to bring up the game he threw and call him an apt choice*

EDIT: Yup
    RIP Craigos

Also, is he really 24 or is that number Afridi-esque? I would have preferred Yousuf tbh.

bad choice, should have go with yousuf. Well don't know much about pakistani cricket but yeah cause i read he wanted to be captain and plus i know that moyo's a better player than shoib malik and moyo wanted the job too.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    *waits for people to bring up the game he threw and call him an apt choice*

EDIT: Yup
    Sorry, but I think its relevant information. I am not sure if thats the type of captain I would want, regardless of his tactical acumen (which I am ignorant about, he may be the best in that regard).

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Didn't he lose a game on purpose or something?
    really? when was that and who did they lose to?

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Sorry, but I think its relevant information. I am not sure if thats the type of captain I would want, regardless of his tactical acumen (which I am ignorant about, he may be the best in that regard).
    He is the best young captain in the domestic circuit right now, but as I said in the other thread, I used to cringe at the thought of him being captain due to that incident. But when you think about it, it happened two years ago when he was (supposedly) 22. He was pissed at the way things went down and decided to concede a match which meant nothing to his team anyway. Terrible attitude and he got his punishment (a few internationals ban I believe).

So two years later he has shown that he can handle the job in a mature fashion, so he at least deserves a chance. Whether he deserves it ahead of Yousuf is another thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LA ICE-E View Post
    really? when was that and who did they lose to?
    http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/c...ry/208310.html

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Good news, no way should it have been given to Abdul Razzaq or Mohammad Yousuf who were the two other leading candidates. I know Yousuf came out in the media and said he would be delighted to lead his country, but his appointment would have been a bad choice for Pakistan as he has shown nothing to suggest he would be a good captain. Other than being the most experienced, his credentials aren't very impressive whereas Malik's are.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

if yousuf is made captain then we will still be stuck in inzi's captaincy era,
    we need a young aggressive captain and malik fits the bill

he has captained his sialkot team to 2 domestic 20/20 and national limited overs trophies

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Now that Malik has been appointed captain, I daresay he will replace Mohammad Hafeez in the batting lineup. He should anyway, Hafeez has been nothing short of terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    he has captained his sialkot team to 2 domestic 20/20 and national limited overs trophies
    I wonder if his case in the domestic season is a bit like Ponting with Australia. They win a lot because he's got great players he can count on. I obviously have never watched him play so can't comment.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    He is the best young captain in the domestic circuit right now, but as I said in the other thread, I used to cringe at the thought of him being captain due to that incident. But when you think about it, it happened two years ago when he was (supposedly) 22. He was pissed at the way things went down and decided to concede a match which meant nothing to his team anyway. Terrible attitude and he got his punishment (a few internationals ban I believe).

So two years later he has shown that he can handle the job in a mature fashion, so he at least deserves a chance. Whether he deserves it ahead of Yousuf is another thing.
    Maybe, I don't necessarily disagree with going in a younger direction but I am not sure if someone who did do that deserves the national captaincy. At least not just two years from the incident. Also, this is going to be interesting in terms of how it plays out with the senior players.

Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Now that Malik has been appointed captain, I daresay he will replace Mohammad Hafeez in the batting lineup. He should anyway, Hafeez has been nothing short of terrible.
    In ODIs? Malik is a permanent fixture down the order anyway. In tests, I'd rather have Hafeez as an opener tbh. Malik can replace Farhat.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information