• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Interesting to note the difference between Peitersen & Styris century celebrations

prakesh

Banned
Interesting to note the difference between Peitersen & Styris century celebrations

A team man like Styris didn't go overboard when he reached three figures vs Sri Lanka yesterday. He was low key as his mind was clearly on his teams less than ideal situation...not his own personal milestone. It came up as he smashed the ball to the boundary in an attempt to get some quick added runs for his side towards the end

Whereas Peitersen played slowly for his ton as the 50 overs drew to a close, ensuring he got it then celebrating like "he" had won the tournament. (I say he instead of "his team" as he would have been less animated than he was, if it were the latter)

Then he proceeded to finally play a shot, got out...and turned and walked off as soon as he had hit the ball up in the air. Without regard to trying to cross with his partner, Nixon thus getting him the strike instead of the incoming Mahmood.

Dasgupta

School Boy/Girl Captain
A team man like Styris didn't go overboard when he reached three figures vs Sri Lanka yesterday. He was low key as his mind was clearly on his teams less than ideal situation...not his own personal milestone. It came up as he smashed the ball to the boundary in an attempt to get some quick added runs for his side towards the end

Whereas Peitersen played slowly for his ton as the 50 overs drew to a close, ensuring he got it then celebrating like "he" had won the tournament. (I say he instead of "his team" as he would have been less animated than he was, if it were the latter)

Then he proceeded to finally play a shot, got out...and turned and walked off as soon as he had hit the ball up in the air. Without regard to trying to cross with his partner, Nixon thus getting him the strike instead of the incoming Mahmood.
Pietersen's ton was not one of his best. Far too slow from 50-100. I thought his celebration was a bit OTT but he was probably delighted he got one against Australia and wanted to rub it in to them. Another reason there was a difference is that Pietersen and Styris are completely different personalities. Styris is not as flamboyant as extroverted as KP

prakesh

Banned
Pietersen's ton was not one of his best. Far too slow from 50-100. I thought his celebration was a bit OTT but he was probably delighted he got one against Australia and wanted to rub it in to them. Another reason there was a difference is that Pietersen and Styris are completely different personalities. Styris is not as flamboyant as extroverted as KP

Stop quoting yourself, Greg.

Or is it Patrick? :ph34r:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I think it's interesting to note a pattern in BLE's names and guises. Sometimes it's actually a name like Prakesh, and other times, it's a name like Shane_Warne. Ingenious.

Nishant

International 12th Man

Yet pieterson is no. 1 8-)

prakesh

Banned
What's so laughable about it? Harmison was the best bowler in the world at one point, wheres the problem with that?
The fact that he wasn't is my main qualm.

a freakish haul of 7-12 against a "dire" West Indies at their most hapless doesn't quite do it for me.

In the same way Chris Gayle wasn't the best batsman when he got his 317.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
The fact that he wasn't is my main qualm.

a freakish haul of 7-12 against a "dire" West Indies at their most hapless doesn't quite do it for me.

In the same way Chris Gayle wasn't the best batsman when he got his 317.
The rankings take into account the strength of the opposition, the pitch, the amount of runs scored in the match and other factors. You can't cheat the rankings.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I actually said the same thing to PhoenixFire over MSN when Pieterson was celebrating. Don't much like that when your team is losing/on a losing course.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I didn't see the actual celebrations, but I can understand that he was acting like a prick, then it's understandable that people get annoyed about it. Personally, I couldn't care about how people celebrate, doesn't matter one bit afaic.

Nishant

International 12th Man
I didn't see the actual celebrations, but I can understand that he was acting like a prick, then it's understandable that people get annoyed about it. Personally, I couldn't care about how people celebrate, doesn't matter one bit afaic.
True....but it does show the attitudes of the players. E.g. Who is playing for the team and who is playing for himself....but in all fairness to Pieterson, a hundred certainly helps ur team!

PhoenixFire

International Coach
True....but it does show the attitudes of the players. E.g. Who is playing for the team and who is playing for himself....but in all fairness to Pieterson, a hundred certainly helps ur team!
I'm not quite sure how celebrating in a certain way determines whether you are a team player.

And for those people who claim he isn't, they would do well to remember the times when he has got them out of the **** in ODIs and Test.

Nishant

International 12th Man
I'm not quite sure how celebrating in a certain way determines whether you are a team player.

And for those people who claim he isn't, they would do well to remember the times when he has got them out of the **** in ODIs and Test.
thats true...even when he gets those scores of 60 or 70 and goes out, he goes out in an attempt to help increase the scoring rate and help the team ( although...there was a game agaist india when he gave his wicket away even when he didnt have to do anything risky....sparked a collapse that lost england the game 8-) )....