Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting to note the difference between Peitersen & Styris century celebrations

Banned

Interesting to note the difference between Peitersen & Styris century celebrations

A team man like Styris didn't go overboard when he reached three figures vs Sri Lanka yesterday. He was low key as his mind was clearly on his teams less than ideal situation...not his own personal milestone. It came up as he smashed the ball to the boundary in an attempt to get some quick added runs for his side towards the end

Whereas Peitersen played slowly for his ton as the 50 overs drew to a close, ensuring he got it then celebrating like "he" had won the tournament. (I say he instead of "his team" as he would have been less animated than he was, if it were the latter)

Then he proceeded to finally play a shot, got out...and turned and walked off as soon as he had hit the ball up in the air. Without regard to trying to cross with his partner, Nixon thus getting him the strike instead of the incoming Mahmood.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by prakesh View Post
    A team man like Styris didn't go overboard when he reached three figures vs Sri Lanka yesterday. He was low key as his mind was clearly on his teams less than ideal situation...not his own personal milestone. It came up as he smashed the ball to the boundary in an attempt to get some quick added runs for his side towards the end

Whereas Peitersen played slowly for his ton as the 50 overs drew to a close, ensuring he got it then celebrating like "he" had won the tournament. (I say he instead of "his team" as he would have been less animated than he was, if it were the latter)

Then he proceeded to finally play a shot, got out...and turned and walked off as soon as he had hit the ball up in the air. Without regard to trying to cross with his partner, Nixon thus getting him the strike instead of the incoming Mahmood.
    Pietersen's ton was not one of his best. Far too slow from 50-100. I thought his celebration was a bit OTT but he was probably delighted he got one against Australia and wanted to rub it in to them. Another reason there was a difference is that Pietersen and Styris are completely different personalities. Styris is not as flamboyant as extroverted as KP

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasgupta View Post
    Pietersen's ton was not one of his best. Far too slow from 50-100. I thought his celebration was a bit OTT but he was probably delighted he got one against Australia and wanted to rub it in to them. Another reason there was a difference is that Pietersen and Styris are completely different personalities. Styris is not as flamboyant as extroverted as KP

Stop quoting yourself, Greg.

Or is it Patrick?

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    I think it's interesting to note a pattern in BLE's names and guises. Sometimes it's actually a name like Prakesh, and other times, it's a name like Shane_Warne. Ingenious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Yet pieterson is no. 1

School Boy/Girl Captain

Stop quoting yourself, Greg.

Or is it Patrick?
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dasgupta View Post
    ?
    i didnt get that either...but hey!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nishant View Post
    Yet pieterson is no. 1
    In his own mind, sure.

Oh and I guess I can also accept it being in the same way as when Harmisson was.

Curveball Champion!
    In his own mind, sure.

Oh and I guess I can also accept it being in the same way as when Harmisson was.
    No according to the ICC rankings.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    No according to the ICC rankings.
    yes...which is THE...SAME...WAY...HARMISSON..WAS.

And it was also utterly laughable.

Thats so true!!

Should have mentioned that one in the Is KP really a No.1 thread!

Curveball Champion!

What's so laughable about it? Harmison was the best bowler in the world at one point, wheres the problem with that?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    What's so laughable about it? Harmison was the best bowler in the world at one point, wheres the problem with that?
    The fact that he wasn't is my main qualm.

a freakish haul of 7-12 against a "dire" West Indies at their most hapless doesn't quite do it for me.

In the same way Chris Gayle wasn't the best batsman when he got his 317.

Curveball Champion!
    The fact that he wasn't is my main qualm.

a freakish haul of 7-12 against a "dire" West Indies at their most hapless doesn't quite do it for me.

In the same way Chris Gayle wasn't the best batsman when he got his 317.
    The rankings take into account the strength of the opposition, the pitch, the amount of runs scored in the match and other factors. You can't cheat the rankings.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I actually said the same thing to PhoenixFire over MSN when Pieterson was celebrating. Don't much like that when your team is losing/on a losing course.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information