• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Interesting to note the difference between Peitersen & Styris century celebrations

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not every negative thread or post regarding the English cricket team should be locked or deleted, there has been some decent discussion about the comparisons between Pietersen and Styris.
If I was a mod I'd simply close any thread started by SW\BLE - of course decent discussion can emerge from such things, they can also emerge from threads started by Indians calling Pakistanis all sorts of racist stereotypes - but that doesn't mean it should be allowed.

IMO any BLE thread should be closed instantly a mod spots it. Nothing to do with negative comments towards England.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If I was a mod I'd simply close any thread started by SW\BLE - of course decent discussion can emerge from such things, they can also emerge from threads started by Indians calling Pakistanis all sorts of racist stereotypes - but that doesn't mean it should be allowed.

IMO any BLE thread should be closed instantly a mod spots it. Nothing to do with negative comments towards England.
That's just silly now, you would be closing his threads just because he was the one that started them. You are basically saying that because he started it that no good discussion or points can come out of the thread, poor form Rich. I know you dislike the guy, but some of the stuff he posts is decent.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's just silly now, you would be closing his threads just because he was the one that started them. You are basically saying that because he started it that no good discussion or points can come out of the thread, poor form Rich. I know you dislike the guy, but some of the stuff he posts is decent.
Some of the stuff almost everyone posts is decent. IMO there's no future in threads that are purely started with the purpose of attacking English players or championing Afridi.

It's less of a case of no good discussion can come out of it than that the idiot that is SW\BLE should never be allowed to post on the forums. Yes, basically on principle. He's supposed to be banned, and IMO the only way to enforce that on someone who repeatedly starts new accounts is to close every thread of theirs instantly.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Some of the stuff almost everyone posts is decent. IMO there's no future in threads that are purely started with the purpose of attacking English players or championing Afridi.

It's less of a case of no good discussion can come out of it than that the idiot that is SW\BLE should never be allowed to post on the forums. Yes, basically on principle. He's supposed to be banned, and IMO the only way to enforce that on someone who repeatedly starts new accounts is to close every thread of theirs instantly.
Closing his threads because he is meant to be banned, that is a good idea and the right course. But closing them straightaway because he posted them, meaning they must be crap, is not the right way to go about it. I interpreted it as the second option as in you meant he will never be able to make a sensible post and should be banned immediatly, however I agree with you if you are trying to say his threads should be looked because he is supposed to be banned.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, that's exactly what I meant.

It's the nearest we'll ever come to permanently removing him.