• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England Test Cap

cricnewbye

Cricket Spectator
I own the official England Test Cap, and it is made of wool 70% acrylic 30%. Its then very heavy indeed and can only wear it during winter months. I bought it from the official store, but I wonder how can it be the one wore by the players during summer or overseas Test Matches... already at 20/25C degrees its way too heavy...
Can anyone clarify?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I'd doubt that the actual England players would wear the same hats that are sold in the shops. Most of them wear Sun Hats anyway.

stumpski

International Captain
I didn't realise you could buy them - I thought they were only given to players who appear in Test cricket for England.

I know Alec Stewart, when asked, was not happy about people wearing England caps who hadn't earned them.