• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Team (Plese Read This is about my future)

Azed

Cricket Spectator
Hi everyone,

I researched that question alot and asked alot people but no one knows, so let see if anyone can help me over here.

How to get in the England or Pakistani International Cricket team, i am almost 15 now and my aims are to be a cricketer, don't know what country as i am living in england and from Pakistan, so i want to know what do you have to do and where to you have to go if you want to join the International cricket team.

I am a allrounder who has a good defencive batting and very fast bowling,

Thank you for reading, plz help me this about my future, and i don't want to waste my time by just playing in clubs.

Azed,

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If you're 15, then go try out for reputable clubs. If you score runs/take wickets, you'll get noticed higher up :).

Azed

Cricket Spectator
What is a reputable club?

I am already playing for club called Hatfield Crusaders in Hatfeild.

Azed

Cricket Spectator
Well i am been selected to play for over 18 in my club, they are one of the best in this city,

So i should stay in the club i am playing for, if i do well i will get in the county than what happens after,

I heard that u need a special coach who is going to take u to the team is that right?

andmark

International Captain
Hi everyone,

I researched that question alot and asked alot people but no one knows, so let see if anyone can help me over here.

How to get in the England or Pakistani International Cricket team, i am almost 15 now and my aims are to be a cricketer, don't know what country as i am living in england and from Pakistan, so i want to know what do you have to do and where to you have to go if you want to join the International cricket team.

Thank you for reading, plz help me this about my future, and i don't want to waste my time by just playing in clubs.

Azed,
I suppose it would be England.

prakesh

Banned
How to get in the England or Pakistani International Cricket team,

That alone should be enough to make you a shoe in with Fletcher at the helm.

Just turn up at the test venue on the first morning of the next test and tell Dunc you want to be one of his loyal favorites.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hatfield Crusaders are in Division Seven of the Hertfordshire League. If you're any good you should be playing far higher than that - or if you're stuck in D7 you should be averaging >50 with the bat or <15 with the ball.

County scouts and people with fingers in County pies are watching hundreds of games around the place all of the time. Good players get noticed and selected for District or County representative sides. The pyramid then goes upwards.

frey

School Boy/Girl Captain
That alone should be enough to make you a shoe in with Fletcher at the helm.

Just turn up at the test venue on the first morning of the next test and tell Dunc you want to be one of his loyal favorites.

No, no, no. That is far too long a wait for a 15 year old and let alone Dunc who needs RESULTS ASAP. Depending on player registration requirements for the current World Cup, I suggest next Tues (Eng V RSA) as a good start to his career in International Cricket. I am sure Dunc trains the team once or so a week, so he just fronts up at the next training session and should be a shoe in. Seriously, there is a good chance of playing at the Kensington oval next week!!

I will now definitely watch the team selections for Tues with interest :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh, how did you guys find about his death?:mellow:
My guess is it was a simple Google search of his name, as there were a few articles in newspapers about it. He hadn't posted for quite a while IIRC, and he had been a fairly regularly poster on several forums.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member

Azed,
OK to address your question directly.

There are certain essential factors and some secondary factors. Without the essential factors it is impossible, but many that have them slip through the net. They are no guarantee. In order to maximise the chances of success you need to combine them with as many secondary factors as possible.

Essential
  • Lots of ability and talent (obvious really)
  • Right mindset and mentality. Including but not limited to the ability to handle pressure, forget failure, take coaching in, play in a team framework etc

Secondary
  • Get involved in the system early. Its harder to get dropped from the system than get in after a certain age. This should be your priority
  • Know influential people. Always helps. The right word here and there works wonder
  • Play for a good club. Increases your profile
  • A parent that will sacrifice a lot. Good young cricketers need equipment, running up and down the country for games and they give support
  • Go to a 'good' cricketing school. Right or wrong, it gives a high profile and its one of the first places people look for talent
  • Shamelessly promote yourself. Make phoe calls, ask for trials etc. Makes a huge difference. Don't trust the system to recognise your talent

Now the important stuff. By 18-19 you will know if you have any chance of playing FC and therefore Test cricket. Now that only gives you a few years. If you are not with the County U'15s then dont worry, but you should at least be in the Regional set-up within a county and your name must be out there.

Don't think that just because you have the talent that it will come to you. As I mention in the Secondary Aspect category there are a lot of other factors as well and areas where you can advantage yourself

Azed

Cricket Spectator
OK to address your question directly.

There are certain essential factors and some secondary factors. Without the essential factors it is impossible, but many that have them slip through the net. They are no guarantee. In order to maximise the chances of success you need to combine them with as many secondary factors as possible.

Essential
  • Lots of ability and talent (obvious really)
  • Right mindset and mentality. Including but not limited to the ability to handle pressure, forget failure, take coaching in, play in a team framework etc

Secondary
  • Get involved in the system early. Its harder to get dropped from the system than get in after a certain age. This should be your priority
  • Know influential people. Always helps. The right word here and there works wonder
  • Play for a good club. Increases your profile
  • A parent that will sacrifice a lot. Good young cricketers need equipment, running up and down the country for games and they give support
  • Go to a 'good' cricketing school. Right or wrong, it gives a high profile and its one of the first places people look for talent
  • Shamelessly promote yourself. Make phoe calls, ask for trials etc. Makes a huge difference. Don't trust the system to recognise your talent

Now the important stuff. By 18-19 you will know if you have any chance of playing FC and therefore Test cricket. Now that only gives you a few years. If you are not with the County U'15s then dont worry, but you should at least be in the Regional set-up within a county and your name must be out there.

Don't think that just because you have the talent that it will come to you. As I mention in the Secondary Aspect category there are a lot of other factors as well and areas where you can advantage yourself

Thank you very much that was very nicely helped,

I just joined that club like 1 month ago and this club is good at cozhing and teaching young players,

You said make phone calls, where should i call? i know i have wasted 2 years, i should joined the club beofore there are some people in the county and i play much better than them and they used to say me to join the club but i just ignored everything,

But i don't want to waste anymore time,

open365

International Vice-Captain
Don't worry about it now, just get playing for your club and score bucket loads of runs and hope you get noticed.

I know being ambitious is good, but don't let it consume you, focus on your game and practicing and if you're good enough then maybe it'll happen for you.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Don't worry about it now, just get playing for your club and score bucket loads of runs and hope you get noticed.

I know being ambitious is good, but don't let it consume you, focus on your game and practicing and if you're good enough then maybe it'll happen for you.
If its an ambition and he is very good then he really needs to be focussing on it right now.

At 15 you should be in the system or at least well known by people if you are any good.

That basically means a 3-4 year window to get to the pro-level and that takes a lot of work and that time may sound a lot but it isnt.

Sitting around and waiting for it to happen will not work.

open365

International Vice-Captain
I didn't say not to focus on it or sit around doing nothing.

I said go play for your club and score a lot of runs.