Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: International Cricket Team (Plese Read This is about my future)

Cricket Spectator

International Cricket Team (Plese Read This is about my future)

Hi everyone,

I researched that question alot and asked alot people but no one knows, so let see if anyone can help me over here.

How to get in the England or Pakistani International Cricket team, i am almost 15 now and my aims are to be a cricketer, don't know what country as i am living in england and from Pakistan, so i want to know what do you have to do and where to you have to go if you want to join the International cricket team.

I am a allrounder who has a good defencive batting and very fast bowling,

Thank you for reading, plz help me this about my future, and i don't want to waste my time by just playing in clubs.

Azed,

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    If you're 15, then go try out for reputable clubs. If you score runs/take wickets, you'll get noticed higher up .
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Cricket Spectator
    What is a reputable club?

I am already playing for club called Hatfield Crusaders in Hatfeild.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azed View Post
    What is a reputable club?

I am already playing for club called Hatfield Crusaders in Hatfeild.

A reputable club is basically one that has a good history of producing good players, wih good coaching and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Cricket Spectator
    Well i am been selected to play for over 18 in my club, they are one of the best in this city,

So i should stay in the club i am playing for, if i do well i will get in the county than what happens after,

I heard that u need a special coach who is going to take u to the team is that right?

Hi everyone,

I researched that question alot and asked alot people but no one knows, so let see if anyone can help me over here.

How to get in the England or Pakistani International Cricket team, i am almost 15 now and my aims are to be a cricketer, don't know what country as i am living in england and from Pakistan, so i want to know what do you have to do and where to you have to go if you want to join the International cricket team.

Thank you for reading, plz help me this about my future, and i don't want to waste my time by just playing in clubs.

Azed,
    I suppose it would be England.
    Well the Irish did it on St Patrick's day

Rip Fardin Qayyumi, Bob Woolmer and Craig.
    No offence Neil
    "No good thing ever dies." Andy Dufresne. The Shawshank Redemption.
    "Don't interupt the emeny when they're making a mistake" Napoleon

Cricket Spectator
    You said i suppose it would beengland what are you talking about????

Banned
    How to get in the England or Pakistani International Cricket team,

That alone should be enough to make you a shoe in with Fletcher at the helm.

Just turn up at the test venue on the first morning of the next test and tell Dunc you want to be one of his loyal favorites.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Hatfield Crusaders are in Division Seven of the Hertfordshire League. If you're any good you should be playing far higher than that - or if you're stuck in D7 you should be averaging >50 with the bat or <15 with the ball.

County scouts and people with fingers in County pies are watching hundreds of games around the place all of the time. Good players get noticed and selected for District or County representative sides. The pyramid then goes upwards.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

International Cricket Team (Plese Read This is about my future)

Quote Originally Posted by prakesh View Post
    That alone should be enough to make you a shoe in with Fletcher at the helm.

Just turn up at the test venue on the first morning of the next test and tell Dunc you want to be one of his loyal favorites.

No, no, no. That is far too long a wait for a 15 year old and let alone Dunc who needs RESULTS ASAP. Depending on player registration requirements for the current World Cup, I suggest next Tues (Eng V RSA) as a good start to his career in International Cricket. I am sure Dunc trains the team once or so a week, so he just fronts up at the next training session and should be a shoe in. Seriously, there is a good chance of playing at the Kensington oval next week!!

I will now definitely watch the team selections for Tues with interest

May be useful to link to this thread

Is it Really That hard to become a international cricketer?

Also for the newer members (before any comments are made) the above thread starter unfortunately died in a car crash and many here hold the memory of him close.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Pleased to know I'm not the only one who thought of CP when this thread was created.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    Also for the newer members (before any comments are made) the above thread starter unfortunately died in a car crash and many here hold the memory of him close.
    Oh, how did you guys find about his death?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by LA ICE-E View Post
    Oh, how did you guys find about his death?
    My guess is it was a simple Google search of his name, as there were a few articles in newspapers about it. He hadn't posted for quite a while IIRC, and he had been a fairly regularly poster on several forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Azed,
    OK to address your question directly.

There are certain essential factors and some secondary factors. Without the essential factors it is impossible, but many that have them slip through the net. They are no guarantee. In order to maximise the chances of success you need to combine them with as many secondary factors as possible.

Essential
    • Lots of ability and talent (obvious really)
    • Right mindset and mentality. Including but not limited to the ability to handle pressure, forget failure, take coaching in, play in a team framework etc

Secondary
    • Get involved in the system early. Its harder to get dropped from the system than get in after a certain age. This should be your priority
    • Know influential people. Always helps. The right word here and there works wonder
    • Play for a good club. Increases your profile
    • A parent that will sacrifice a lot. Good young cricketers need equipment, running up and down the country for games and they give support
    • Go to a 'good' cricketing school. Right or wrong, it gives a high profile and its one of the first places people look for talent
    • Shamelessly promote yourself. Make phoe calls, ask for trials etc. Makes a huge difference. Don't trust the system to recognise your talent

Now the important stuff. By 18-19 you will know if you have any chance of playing FC and therefore Test cricket. Now that only gives you a few years. If you are not with the County U'15s then dont worry, but you should at least be in the Regional set-up within a county and your name must be out there.

Don't think that just because you have the talent that it will come to you. As I mention in the Secondary Aspect category there are a lot of other factors as well and areas where you can advantage yourself

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information