• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India to play SA in Ireland

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
And I thought they wanted to cut down on the number of international matches so the players can play more domestic cricket. 8-)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Both teams should also play Ireland in a one-off game to add further revenue to Irish cricket coffers

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Both teams should also play Ireland in a one-off game to add further revenue to Irish cricket coffers
Agree 100%, if they are going to the trouble of playing in Ireland and Scotland then I think that these two associate nations should also get to play these big teams while they are in close proximity

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Agree 100%, if they are going to the trouble of playing in Ireland and Scotland then I think that these two associate nations should also get to play these big teams while they are in close proximity
Be a bit hard getting county releases for the likes of Rankin, Morgan and O’Brien. Overseas players would have no qualms getting a release for their have national contracts but the Irish players do not. I know Ryan ten of Essex usually misses a few games a season for the Netherlands due to Essex’s reluctance to let him go and the same will happen with Morgan, O’Brien et cetera.

Ireland's future program looks pretty good to me, expose at the highest level is needed but not with an under strength side it isn't.

Perm

Be a bit hard getting county releases for the likes of Rankin, Morgan and O’Brien. Overseas players would have no qualms getting a release for their have national contracts but the Irish players do not. I know Ryan ten of Essex usually misses a few games a season for the Netherlands due to Essex’s reluctance to let him go and the same will happen with Morgan, O’Brien et cetera.

Ireland's future program looks pretty good to me, expose at the highest level is needed but not with an under strength side it isn't.
This is part of the problem in my eyes. Country should always come before club, no matter how good the team in question is, whether it be Australia or Ireland, clubs should release players if they are called up to represent their country. Once the counties and players can sort this problem out, then developing nations like the Netherlands and Ireland will have a better chance at moving forward into the future because they will be able to field their strongest XI (injuries not withstanding) and that should help them gain respect from the other nations.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Yeah ICC should probably do something about international fixtures so clubs have to release their players for them. No fair if England can always play with a full strength side throughout the year but not the Netherlands.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
i think if its a full international the counties have to release players now?

Is this SA India match to replace the rumoured Aus-India in Ireland one which stalled over the cut each country got (aus wanted 50/50, India more)?

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Yeah ICC should probably do something about international fixtures so clubs have to release their players for them. No fair if England can always play with a full strength side throughout the year but not the Netherlands.
This is part of the problem in my eyes. Country should always come before club, no matter how good the team in question is, whether it be Australia or Ireland, clubs should release players if they are called up to represent their country. Once the counties and players can sort this problem out, then developing nations like the Netherlands and Ireland will have a better chance at moving forward into the future because they will be able to field their strongest XI (injuries not withstanding) and that should help them gain respect from the other nations.

Well, they(netherlands) were talking about that, saying they needed ECB's help with that so the clubs/counties release players upon national players but not happened so far. I don't think the icc has any rules regarding this and i don't think they should go into that either because icc's job is international cricket not national cricket. But each countries board make all sanctioned clubs do that. But for ireland and the others the ECB should do that too. Even though netharlands were kicked out of their county championship.

Ireland i think are going to get a ODI from each team in the tour and that's at least fair.

Perm

i think if its a full international the counties have to release players now?

Is this SA India match to replace the rumoured Aus-India in Ireland one which stalled over the cut each country got (aus wanted 50/50, India more)?
That doesn't sound like the BCCI :dry:

pup11

International Coach
I am happy that the Aussies are not gonna play in Ireland against India (considering that both of these teams are gonna play against each other a lot of times in the next 12 months).

Nishant

International 12th Man
I am happy that the Aussies are not gonna play in Ireland against India (considering that both of these teams are gonna play against each other a lot of times in the next 12 months).
yh true...Ind v aussies will get really boring if they had played in ireland...id rather india didnt play at all TBH.....but against SA, it might be good..who knows?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's called "having a proper cricket administration that pays wages".