• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

these hard rules?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
me and my neighbours often have a game of cricket in the arvo.
yet when we invite other people they complain that its too hard!
its hard to explain the rules, so how about a diagram....?
lol
red striped zones marked as out on full, full red zones marked as out if ball goes in that area (deliberate bad fielding is not out)
white zones are not out and the circles are people.
6 and out, one hand one bounce, 3 steps for bowling only (spin only too ;)) and electric keeper (also one ahnd one bounce for him)
the numebr denotes how many runs you get from hitting the ball there!(on bounce)
blue circles are fielders (most likely mid off/mid on) and yellow is bowler, black is batsman. if you score 0 runs in 3 balls in a row, you're out.
20 run retirement lol
and theres a power line jsut up the road a bit and if you can hit over that on the full its 100 runs and out (i managed this twice ;))
obstacles on the full...bins mailbox etc usual stuff.
oh yeah you cna get out by being caught bowled you know, the boring stuff :)

[Edited on 3/12/2002 by NZTailender]

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
gee thats not confusing
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, I followed it alright. I play wih similar rules, especially with the certain areas out (depending on bounce and stuff) but they mainly got put in place so we didnt lose the ball down the drain and becuase we broke the fence (it was a good fence to..... made of metal).