• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What's happening you guys !!

Fusion

Global Moderator
No offence, but poor effort in being tongue in cheek for mine from SJS. There are a fair few threads related to English as well. There have been threads on Fletcher in the past and can be more in future as well once English exit from the world cup. The Indians on the forum right now are pretty good and indulge in some interesting discussion.
I'd have to agree with Pratyush. I respect SJS tremendously, but I'm a bit tired of the preaching here. Yes we all know that the Indian and Pakistani fans are overly emotional and can take things to the extreme. They're hardly the exception the world makes them out to be. The same type of idiots can be found in football for one. American sports has equally volatile fans. Sure they don't come out on streets and burn effigies, but the fans of storied franchises like the Yankees, Cowboys, Red Sox, Redskins, Eagles etc can be brutal towards the team when they fail their expectations (which usually means winning the Championship each and every year). More specifically to CW, the posters from the subcontinent are usually very knowledgeable and participate in intelligent debate. I know SJS doesn't mean to be patronizing, but I respectfully disagree with his tongue-in-cheek comments here.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm with Pratyush on this. So many self loathing Indian fans.

Its like what Larry David gets accused of in Curb Your Enthusiasm... "You're a self-loathing Jew!"

pasag

RTDAS
I'd have to agree with Pratyush. I respect SJS tremendously, but I'm a bit tired of the preaching here. Yes we all know that the Indian and Pakistani fans are overly emotional and can take things to the extreme. They're hardly the exception the world makes them out to be. The same type of idiots can be found in football for one. American sports has equally volatile fans. Sure they don't come out on streets and burn effigies, but the fans of storied franchises like the Yankees, Cowboys, Red Sox, Redskins, Eagles etc can be brutal towards the team when they fail their expectations (which usually means winning the Championship each and every year). More specifically to CW, the posters from the subcontinent are usually very knowledgeable and participate in intelligent debate. I know SJS doesn't mean to be patronizing, but I respectfully disagree with his tongue-in-cheek comments here.
Yeah agreed. Was thinking something similar when watching all the footage of the soccer 'riots' recently. All countries have idiots and it seems some countries get targeted more unfairly than others, by some.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Meh, he writes a serious article a week or two ago and everyone lauds it.

He makes a tongue in cheek comment now and people say he's being OTT. Meh.

FRAZ

International Captain
True love of the game:

The guy with the 'So, now what do we do with the donkey?' look on his face is priceless tbh.
Rather than publishing them on web and being sarcastic while describing them , why not give them a proper life in the first place .
still this type of pervertism is much better than being a scaly ***cine .

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
obviously they dont feel national shame yet and dont need to call for the head of their coach yet coz they are still in the world cup and still have a chance to win it and to play well for the rest of the world cup. unlike india and pakistan who arent in the world cup and didnt make the super 8.
England are woeful at ODI's, their sucess in the CB series was quite odd but deserved nonetheless. West Indies run hot and cold while South Africa should realistically make it through to the semi's. Don't see the point complaining and asking for people's heads, because quite simply India and Pakistan go over the top when their team fails.
As an England fan I don't feel the need to push the panic buttuon yet. Although Vaughan's form is frightfully shocking. I'd Gladly see him dropped. But hey, we can still make the semis.
Its just a game and everyone needs to take it just like that, no fan or critic needs to go over the top while displaying their displeasure over their team's disappointing performance.

P.S: West Indies are being criticised in all parts of the Caribbean islands, former greats have even demanded Lara to step down as captain during the WC itself.
Not that big a deal for me as an England fan, since I never expected to get to the semis anyway.
Whoosh?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No offence, but poor effort in being tongue in cheek for mine from SJS. There are a fair few threads related to English as well. There have been threads on Fletcher in the past and can be more in future as well once English exit from the world cup. The Indians on the forum right now are pretty good and indulge in some interesting discussion.
I thought exactly that, TBH. If you're gonna be ironic, don't put anything genuine in there! :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah agreed. Was thinking something similar when watching all the footage of the soccer 'riots' recently. All countries have idiots and it seems some countries get targeted more unfairly than others, by some.

With Jack on that one. SJS is hardly going overboard - one article and one thread.

I'd agree if he was doing his 4th thread in a week, but I can't see anything wrong with so far TBH.

adharcric

International Coach
Not too sure about that. Volatile fans can be found in other sports as well but the bad Indian fans are really bad. Of course, there are many, many great Indian (and Pakistani) fans and nearly every subcontinental poster on here is quite sensible. Do you see effigies being burnt and city-wide riots anywhere else? Do you see a national sporting debacle or the dropping of a player being discussed in parliament anywhere else? Do you see athletes and coaches being attacked anywhere else? Well alright, I've seen that one in baseball a few times. Certainly, there are idiots in other nations as well - they probably show their stuff in bars and stadiums instead of on the roads like the worst subcontinental fans do. In fact, there may not be much of a difference between fans in different nations. The key to the idiocy in India is the media, IMO. That makes matters infinitely worse for a batch of fans who are already ignorant and begging to be brainwashed by other idiots. Really, they aren't even fans but merely ignorant people with nothing to do who take up the media's cricket propaganda and wreck havoc. I doubt they know anything about cricket.

Pretty much.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Of course, there are many, many great Indian (and Pakistani) fans and nearly every subcontinental poster on here is quite sensible.
I objected to the forum member part essentially:

SJS said:
I have not seen a single thread to kick out Bennet king, Duncan Fletcher and now even the South African coach (whatever maybe his name)
Regarding fanatical Indian fans like those who ransacked Dhoni's home.. regardless of whether it is done in other countries or not, it is wrong and don't think any one in his right mind would say it isn't. :sleep:

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Just a side note. Showing anger is okay according to me by whatever peaceful way it is done, even burning effigees, it is okay by me as long as it is peaceful expression and not violent as in harming individuals, individual homes or rioting. However I can see there can be people who will be against some thing like burning effigees.

Last edited:

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
To me, burning effigies and painting donkeys is just childish and immature. Vent your anger in another way (posting on a cricket forum).