• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan U/19s in Australia

brockley

International Captain
Huge effort by hughes at 18 he will be at the academy this year will be following his progress,could be 1 of the top batsmen at the youth world cup,BTW whens that on again.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Hughes

He's originally a country boy isn't he?

How many of those blokes are products of Westfield Sports? I know Keen and Burnsy are, and I'm not sure about Day.

viewnut

Cricket Spectator
He's originally a country boy isn't he?

How many of those blokes are products of Westfield Sports? I know Keen and Burnsy are, and I'm not sure about Day.
matt day - st josephs college sydney. turned down ARU contract to play cricket. rated v.v highly by bowling coaches around oz. has younger brother ben, apparently fairly decent player also

phil hughes was from macksville from memory

brockley

International Captain
Hughes carried our batting,others need to stand up but 3-2 is a good result against the world champs,a series against india would be good too.
Day and keen should score rookie contracts for nsw but now are too old for under 19 internationals when they are played next.
Good coup to keep day in cricket.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just thought i would mention Pat Darwan > Daniel Burns. Also he is geninue all rounder bats 7 for Manly and was probably there best bowler last season. Might say more about some of Manly other bowler, Jackon Bird, biggest waste of talent ever.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Hughes carried our batting,others need to stand up but 3-2 is a good result against the world champs,a series against india would be good too.
Day and keen should score rookie contracts for nsw but now are too old for under 19 internationals when they are played next.
Good coup to keep day in cricket.
I think Keen had an NSW contract this year.

readie

State Regular
matt day - st josephs college sydney. turned down ARU contract to play cricket. rated v.v highly by bowling coaches around oz. has younger brother ben, apparently fairly decent player also

phil hughes was from macksville from memory
yep

readie

State Regular
Hughes bloody legend

He's a quality played an U 16's rep game against him a few years back and he was freakishly talented. He had an amazing aura of confidence about his strokeplay.
He bloody performed, watch out for him 2011 WC

Xuhaib

International Coach
Imaad Wasim seems like a fair player, decent left-arm spin and attacking middle order bat would be following his progress closely.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Imad is a quality player. Bowls good left arm tweakers, especially for one day games because he's hard to get away. Not exactly sure how good he'd be in FC games, because he "seems" (not that I've seen him in the longer form, but I'm making this judgement from when I have seen him bowl) to be a guy who ties players up and frustrates them out especially so in One Day cricket.

And in addition, he is very able to hit the ball cleanly late in the innings, and in the future has the real ability to bat anywhere between number 6 and 9 in a one day side for Pakistan, I believe.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Imad is a quality player. Bowls good left arm tweakers, especially for one day games because he's hard to get away. Not exactly sure how good he'd be in FC games, because he "seems" (not that I've seen him in the longer form, but I'm making this judgement from when I have seen him bowl) to be a guy who ties players up and frustrates them out especially so in One Day cricket.

And in addition, he is very able to hit the ball cleanly late in the innings, and in the future has the real ability to bat anywhere between number 6 and 9 in a one day side for Pakistan, I believe.
Shoaib Malik in the making?