• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for the first week of April

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

Richard - 29000 posts
vic_orthdox - 9000 posts
roseboy64 - 8000 posts
Prince EWS - 4000 posts
LA ICE-E - 1000 posts

Still looking for a judge

1. The Warne for best thread
2. The Bradman for best poster

Special mention to a top quality article by the true best of the best poster on CW click here

The CW Awards Team

Alternative (milestones)
Marc (awards judge)
Richard (Sir Geoffrey, and Sobers)
Adharcric (Afridi and Hussey)
Position vacant (Warne and Bradman)
Archie (whatever else is left over)

Who would want the Indian coaching job? It seems a lot of people, what about the current Australian coach?

All other awards nominations to be sent to cwawards@cricketmail.net

Best of The Best

Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Bracken for this click here a new member, who makes some good sense in this post

Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is silentstriker for this click here , Indian cricket, every year that they are not the top nation should be a shock to us all

The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: BoyBrumby click here you will be surprised that yet again I don’t get it:wacko:

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Perm good to have him back :thumbup:

Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: Arrow for this click here Bangas anyone :ph34r:

Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: Beleg for this click here the word ‘good’ may have come in handy

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: JASON knows his stuff does this poster

The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: no award this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least they’re trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: no award this week

The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is:
Arrow good start

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: no winners this week

Saj Award for best rant of the week (following Saj's outburst after the 3rd Test, and no Saj, we don't know what you were doing out there either, it's a sad indictment on the quality of our reserves: And the Winner is: no award this week

Marsh/Lillee Award (Best prediction of the week) they took 500/1 against England winning after following-on, and won, um lost. And the Winner is: andyc for this click here a little more commitment would have been nice, but still not a bad effort:happy:

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management
:)

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Disappointed that SpinnaInATurban didn't receive the Skull, was the funniest thing I've sen in quite a while TBH, no disrespect intended to BB. Very pleased to win the Sobers, I have been posting a lot recently and I'm stoked that people value it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Disappointed that SpinnaInATurban didn't receive the Skull, was the funniest thing I've sen in quite a while TBH, no disrespect intended to BB.
Yeah, I was sort of hoping SW\BLE would win the Skull, TBH. Would have been great for the novel value.

Also, good to see altoz and hbh posting consecutively again. :D

And I guess this is also the best place to say congrats to altoz on his latest promotion. :thumbup1:
Very pleased to win the Sobers, I have been posting a lot recently and I'm stoked that people value it.
Well... I value it. :ph34r: It's my choice, and mine alone (though Marc and Sean retain the right to veto any award nomination).

Nonetheless, I'd imagine most agree with me that your absence being short is better than had it been long. IMO you add a hell of a lot to the forums, and it's very good to have people like you, Rob, Jono and myself who realise that the game is about more than just their own team.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'll try... they were doing what Flintoff did, ie capsising a dinghy... so even if Watson couldn't be Flintoff, those 2 could.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is:
Arrow good start
:mellow::blink::wacko: I mean, there's belated choices and belated choices! This fellow joined in December Two-Thousand-And-Three!!!! I really think there should be a bit of a rethink of the Hussey criteria.