• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Changes in Indian cricket

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Yup very pleased with the actions the BCCI is taking, it seems they are serious this time. And Robin Singh has vowed to improve fielding standards supposedly.

And me being the optimist I am, I believe these changes will really revolutionize Indian cricket and we'll not only be one of the most fittest, and better fielding sides, we'll also be one of the most professional and athletic sides in world cricket, in times to come. :)

open365

International Vice-Captain
What's the reasoning behind players not being able to write newspaper columns anymore?

Seems a bit harsh to me.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
shastri as the coach i am willing to wait out and see what happens, prasad i have grave doubts about, he was more or less a mediocre medium pacer, not sure why dravid recommended him other than the fact that he is from the same state, robin singh was a brilliant fielder and could teach these sloths a thing or two....anyway some of the other changes are long overdue and very welcome at this stage of indian cricket, hopefully all these don't take too long to implement because of the weight of bureaucracy....

viktor

State Vice-Captain
What's the reasoning behind players not being able to write newspaper columns anymore?

Seems a bit harsh to me.
Actually that ban has always been in place. Makes no sense ofcourse. There will always be leaks...
I also don't like the limit on endorsements but if it helps reduce the hype around the cricketers, why not.
Other than that, all the right noises are being made. Dravid as captain is good. Robin Singh and Prasad both have decent coaching credentials so that is a good move.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Yup very pleased with the actions the BCCI is taking, it seems they are serious this time. And Robin Singh has vowed to improve fielding standards supposedly.

And me being the optimist I am, I believe these changes will really revolutionize Indian cricket and we'll not only be one of the most fittest, and better fielding sides, we'll also be one of the most professional and athletic sides in world cricket, in times to come. :)
Thats the spirit! :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
shastri as the coach i am willing to wait out and see what happens, prasad i have grave doubts about, he was more or less a mediocre medium pacer,
Troy Cooley wasn't even a Test cricketer. Good player does not equal a good coach, and vice versa. It's a separate profession, and this is why I have grave doubts about Shastri. I'd rather have a Troy Cooley over any test player as my coach.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Cosmetic Changes..Isn't going to fix anything. Very typical of BCCI and Indian Cricket.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Cosmetic Changes..Isn't going to fix anything. Very typical of BCCI and Indian Cricket.
I don't think [if all this is true], that reducing the teams from 15 to 10, addition of academies for young people in every state, appointment of fielding and bowling coach, forcing top level stars to play more domestic cricket, and mandating fitness checks before every series is merely cosmetic.

What changes would you have made?