• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pink Bat Grips

What do you think to the pink grips?

• Total voters

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
Has everyone seen Hayden, Symonds and Collingwood's bat grips? how ironic that such powerful strikers of the ball sport such a wimpy grip. However im all for the cause - A breast cancer charity. In fact me and 3 team mates just yesterday purchased a pink grip each! Are they the 'in' thing for 2007??

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, personally I think it's good that these top level athletes are supporting the fight against breast cancer. However, I can see them catching on a bit at junior levels without the person actually knowing too much about what they're for, but just wanting to be fasionable.

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
I feel I fit into both those categories then. I am more than aware of what they represent, however i do want to be rather fashionable at the crease.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Can only be a good thing.

Though if Im being picky, I would have prefered if it was for Prostate cancer which kills as many men as breast cancer does women yet recieves a tiny fraction of the attention, charitable donations or research.

Cricketers would be in a strong position to promote a pressing male medical issue that is so often neglected.

So obviously a good thing but at the same time an opportunity missed.

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
That's a very valid point Goughy, maybe if you keep suggesting it, something will happen! The only thing i can think of is that it may not be as well known because of area of the body of concerns. It may be seen as a bit taboo?

andmark

International Captain
^^^Hmm.Pink bat grips are good basicaly because the whats raised goes to breast cancer.:)

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
I cant see a problem with pink, such a striking colour that it is, surely leads to more people taking note of the cause?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has everyone seen Hayden, Symonds and Collingwood's bat grips? how ironic that such powerful strikers of the ball sport such a wimpy grip. However im all for the cause - A breast cancer charity. In fact me and 3 team mates just yesterday purchased a pink grip each! Are they the 'in' thing for 2007??
Haha. You're just trying to make yourself feel more secure about wearing a pink grip, aren't you? :p
I voted for the excellent option myself; raising money for breast cancer research (well, any charity really) is never a bad thing. You'll amost definitely cop a bit of sledging for it, but it's all for a good cause.

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
Ye, i reckon the Wicket Keeper and 1st Slip will be having more than one quiet qords in my ear this season. I guess I'll shut them up with my batting performances then. I dont mind a bit of sledging though....all part of the game

cpr

International Coach
Great point Goughy about the prostate thing. Its never really dawned on even me about how little attention it is, and as i'm dealing with hospital notes all day, the number of prostate conditions i come accross is high... as is the number who havent survived it...

Think a few Premiership footballers (Henry in particular) were behind a black/white racism band thing the other year.

Fully support the players for having the pink, good on them!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
The helmet I currently have was bought for me by my dad. He thought it would be a laugh to get a pink helmet.

pup11

International Coach
All the batsmen with pink grips are just raising money for breast research foundation, which i think is great thing to do.

Of course huge men with pink grips look odd at times but the cause associated with it is very noble so its really not a big deal.

Anyways isn't pink the colour of metrosexual men??