• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pink Bat Grips

What do you think to the pink grips?

• Total voters

no1_gangsta_786

U19 Cricketer
My mates bought some pink grips the other day. Both to look fashionable and to support breast cancer charity. Only problem is getting them on....any ideas without using one of those grip cones??

leepayne

School Boy/Girl Captain
If you ask me, if it was for a good cause I would go running naked around the streets of Liverpool on a Saturday night (well, maybe not that far!). Good causes come way ahead of fashion.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Doubt it. He's talking cricket.

Personally, I'd have great fun if I was keeping wicket and a 14 year old with a pink bat grip walked to the crease.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Was Peanutbutterbar not a CC animal, then? Can't remember the exact details, myself.

BTW - I wasn't suggesting this fellow was Pbb, Heavens no.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
My mates bought some pink grips the other day. Both to look fashionable and to support breast cancer charity. Only problem is getting them on....any ideas without using one of those grip cones??
There's the method of rolling it up, placing it at the top of the handle then rolling it down.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Lovely grip, but the bat dosen't look in the best nick
It wasn't a couple of months ago. It may look bad, but the tape holds together well and the middle is really sweet (when I hit the ball, that is). The marks on the face are just dirt on top of the plastic cover thingy.

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
Ye i have a plastic cover on my bat, but i give a wipe time to time. I like the clean face of the bat. All i was reffering to was the tape around your bat's toe. From past experience I know thats the worst place for cracks/splitting and other mishaps. Cant knock a sweet middle though - if it's not broke don't fix it.