• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best XI outside worldcup teams

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Dippenear(SA)
Mal Loye(ENG)
Yassir Hameed(PAK)
Adam Voges(AUS)
Chamara kapugedera(SRI)
T Taibu(ZIM)
Farhed Raza(AN)
R Powar(IND)
Hilhenfaus(AUS)
Dale Steyn(SA)
Shabbir Ahmed(PAK)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Probably best to just stack the side with retirees or former players still playing domestic cricket, really. Oh, and then there's the fact that there were injured players..

1. Morne Van Wyk
2. Matthew Elliott
3. Jacques Rudolph
4. Darren Lehmann
5. Boeta Dippenaar
6. Neil McKenzie
7. Abdul Razzaq
8. Chris Harris
9. Brett Lee
10. Kyle Mills
11. Jason Gillespie

Dominated by Australians, but I see a lot more of their domestic cricket than other countries, obviously. A few Saffies in the top order too - indicative of some of their ridiculous selections such as Bosman...

I know I could have included Asif and Akhtar, but I haven't for reasons I'm sure you'll all grasp.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
My best XI would be more like this

Let me clear i am not listing the injured players on this list :-

1.Jimmy Maher
2.Gautam Gambhir
3.Morne Van Wyk
4.VVS.Laxman
5.Michael Bevan [considering he retired after he realized he was not in the 30 probables]

6.Lance Klusner
7.Chris Harris
8.Ramesh Powar
9.Jason Gillespie
10.Andy Bichel
11.Darren Gough

Van Wyk is one bloke who i am suprised the Proteas haven't given too many chances too, he is really a very good player.