• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pietersen playing for South Africa?

pup11

International Coach
Yes, Saffies would have been better if KP would have been playing for them, but as KP said he might never have been selected to play for South Africa because of the colour of his skin.

pup11

International Coach
But thats the reason KP has been giving to the whole world that discrimination while selecting a team takes place in South Africa on the basis of colour of skin and thats why he left South Africa and shifted to England.

adharcric

International Coach
Would they be able to beat Australia consistently? This was the question i intended to ask.
Consistently? I doubt it. It would be a much better contest though, especially since Pietersen can play McWarne far better than most. I'm assuming this is test cricket, btw.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Is Australia able to beat South Africa consistently? No...
Well SA have won 1 of the 12 Tests played against Aus this decade. Id say that was pretty consistent.

Also SA have only won 9 of 27 ODIs in the 2000's

oz_fan

International Regular
They definately would be a better team. Pietersen would add a lot to their batting and would contrast well with their middle order of Prince, Kallis, etc.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He'd get in any side I reckon. Not sure who he'd replace, but he's one of the best in the world so...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Seriously, what sort of a question is this, and what sort of pratt would genuinely believe that a batsman averaging in the mid-50s in First-Class cricket would not be picked for his national side?

The only possible question in the KP-SA saga is: would Pietersen have become the batsman he became had he stayed in South Africa? So many people don't know that, when he left, he was more of a bowler than a batsman.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Seriously, what sort of a question is this, and what sort of pratt would genuinely believe that a batsman averaging in the mid-50s in First-Class cricket would not be picked for his national side?
Haven't there been several batsmen over the years in Australia who've averaged that and never got a look in? Tbf though Australia were so good it could be treated as a special case.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No. Late-40s, yes, but not mid-50s. Had Pietersen been returning those numbers in any country, he'd have been in the side soon as a place became available (and even in Australia that happens often enough).