• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Watson, is he unlucky or what?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To be fair, England went through a faze like that. Unfortunately, it didn't last long enough for us to shake of the reputation.

Perm

Not when people are laughing at you. Not in my experiences anyway.

_TiGeR-ToWn_

U19 Debutant
I will not lose sleep over the fact that Watson will miss a few games (hopefully the rest of the tournament). He was batting in the wrong posistion, his only place in the side was for an openers spot. He didnt get it and batting at 7 is a waste, bring in Hodge (I know I will probably get the whole Victorian-bias crap) but its true, he adds nothing with bat or ball in the side. Simple as that.

The_Bunny

State Regular
I will not lose sleep over the fact that Watson will miss a few games (hopefully the rest of the tournament). He was batting in the wrong posistion, his only place in the side was for an openers spot. He didnt get it and batting at 7 is a waste, bring in Hodge (I know I will probably get the whole Victorian-bias crap) but its true, he adds nothing with bat or ball in the side. Simple as that.
Mts(Inn) Runs Ave HS SR

Shane Watson 5(4) 77 0.00 33 154.00

Hasnt been dismissed yet.....

And an e/r of 4.32....

thats pretty good in my books8-)

Perm

As much as I dislike Watson, you can't deny he has been performing.

Johnners

Worst post.

I love it when people such as yourself post utter crap without actually bothering to take notice of how Watson has performed of late. As has been mentioned, he's not been dismissed this WC batting @ 7, and striking at 120 runs per 100 balls. Also, he bowled a great spell against South Africa during the 2nd powerplay which played a very big part in turning the match around for Australia. He's more than done his job, and to say he adds nothign with the bat or ball in the side is nothing but pure and utter dribble

pup11

International Coach
But Watson's has only got a minor calf-strain and the team physio is saying he would be fine after one or two days, so i don't see any problems in him playing on April 8th against England.

Josh

International Regular
Quite honestly, and don't take me the wrong way, but if I were a selector I'd be tempted into thinking Watson were a liability, as he does keep getting these injuries, which as mentioned before, throw the balance of the team off. I know that seems harsh but it might be a case of the fact that it's a chronic ever-recurring thing.

I'm sure I'll be attacked left, right and centre for such comments :p

pup11

International Coach
Josh, if only the Aussie selector had any better all-round option than Watto atm they would have never picked him but unfortunately there is no better option than Watto atm.