Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: inside look into expanding

inside look into expansion

Well here's a inside look into cricket's progress in expanding from wisden.
    http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wisd...ry/288067.html

Also, who will be like to to get the next test status? (if you comment's "no one" than don't comment) And who will be in the next world cup?...
    Discuss...
    Last edited by LA ICE-E; 30-03-2007 at 05:31 PM.

here's a funny quote from japan "Yes, mate, sign here to join the Baseball Club. We've made a few rule changes, mind."

yeah i did read that..and i think he's wrong because the evidence is there- china playing its 1st womens international match...them playing in the sixes etc...

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    You know the correspondants, having been part of the same writing team for the same book, the way he does, do you?

no but i do know that there's been improvement because i pay attention to the minnows...if you did you would see some results too but to you all that matters is the top 8 and even if a team gets test status you'll be the 1st one to say they don't deserve it.

I'll say they don't deserve it.

Those correspondants on CRTW pay attention, too - and as Matthew Engel says, they often over-egg the pudding.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by LA ICE-E View Post
    yeah i did read that..and i think he's wrong because the evidence is there- china playing its 1st womens international match...them playing in the sixes etc...
    I could be wrong here, given I've not gone back for over a year, but the women's international match was half made up of expat women playing against another similar team from another country (forget what it was, may have been Hong Kong). That said, it is encouraging that half the team was locals, but all the players came from the one club in Shanghai, and the majority of the locals were introduced to it through their expat boyfriends. As for the sixes (assuming you mean Hong Kong), it's a purely expat team that goes, again from the same club.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    I could be wrong here, given I've not gone back for over a year, but the women's international match was half made up of expat women playing against another similar team from another country (forget what it was, may have been Hong Kong). That said, it is encouraging that half the team was locals, but all the players came from the one club in Shanghai, and the majority of the locals were introduced to it through their expat boyfriends. As for the sixes (assuming you mean Hong Kong), it's a purely expat team that goes, again from the same club.
    Well it was like in 2006 i think that i heard they toured england...and i know hong kongs like full of expats but think i read it somewhere that china was playing it...anyways the article doesn't even say all good stuff about it...theres negative stuff too...so i think its a fairly balanced article...

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Very interesting insight from Master Cameron, there.

here's a better look into china... http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wisd...ry/288069.html they are doing better than the usa project...cause they have the government support unlike in usa but they still have a way to go

And yet the writer is distinctly cautious and doesn't paint an especially optimistic picture for those who believe it's a forgone conclusion that China will soon take cricket seriously.

And no mention of Bulgaria anywhere
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    And yet the writer is distinctly cautious and doesn't paint an especially optimistic picture for those who believe it's a forgone conclusion that China will soon take cricket seriously.
    never said it was going to happen overnight...its doesn't happen overnight...but its a good start...

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    And no mention of Bulgaria anywhere
    is that a country?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information