• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

inside look into expanding

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Truth is always bitter to swallow,isn't it?
why would that be? im not even bangladeshi....just the facts that bangladesh been producing some quality players and that they just whitewashed kenya not so long ago and won 19 out of 20 against the bottom 8 should tell you something though. I'm not saying kenya's a bad team, they are and had there been no problem with their board they could have been close to test status but they had gone back some steps since 2003 because of its board's problem but kenya right now needs to keep improving before getting test status.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah i doubt that.
I don't, actually. Tikolo is most definitely better than anyone Bangladesh have ever produced, IMO. Players like Saqibul could obviously overtake him eventually, but they quite clearly aren't there yet.

One could make a case for Habibul Bashar I suppose, although certainly not in the one-day format...

LA ICE-E

State Captain
I don't, actually. Tikolo is most definitely better than anyone Bangladesh have ever produced, IMO. Players like Saqibul could obviously overtake him eventually, but they quite clearly aren't there yet.

One could make a case for Habibul Bashar I suppose, although certainly not in the one-day format...
Tikilo could have been in the team had they tried and the expense of some but he wouldn't have been their best batsmen.

tigerPassion

School Boy/Girl Captain
I thinkwe should take test status back from Bangladesh & Zimbabwe and give it to sides like Kenya who are more deserving of that than these two.

lolzzzzzzzzz..........

Are you aware of the fact that Bangladesh whitewashed Kenya twice last year. They won 4-0 and 3-0 in the two ODI series they played against Kenya in 2006.

why would that be? im not even bangladeshi..
You've admitted yourself in some of your previous posts that Your roots are in Bangladesh,U satyed there for some years after your birth & "Bangladesh" was the place where U started liking cricket & now You're not a Bangladeshi?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LA ICE-E

State Captain
yeah, because going to bangladesh doesn't make me a bangladeshi does it? a bangladeshi is someone whos born in bangladesh. I was born in san bernardino, moved to LA, visted bangladesh and australia and still live here in LA. Having bangladeshi roots doesn't make me a bangladeshi, smart guy, i'm an american because from here, having african roots doesn't mean im african, you're really bright....

LA ICE-E

State Captain
ignoring the elitists, I'm surprised no one has posted about the world cricket league division 3 (I'm not going to since the tournament ends today), anyways it's very encouraging to see that out of the 8 teams in the tournament 6 of them are home grown teams (meaning most of their players were born in the respective countries). The only two teams that are full of ex pats are Italy and Hong Kong. It's good to see Uganda and Argentina go to the division 2. I was surprised to see the Argentinian team being home grown with football being so big there and all but very good to see that they are home grown. I feel sad for PNG the whole team was home grown and they were the #1 seed but they can still go to the qualifier thanks to the way the WCL is set up. ICC have been doing a good job apperently in South America going by some of the comments, but in all the ICC been doing some great stuff in terms of the associates and affiliates but people will only look to take low blows them while never really giving them credit.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
http://icc.cricket.org/icc-wcldiv3/content/story/296650.html
since we don't have a thread for it, Uganda won the World Cricket League division 3! while Uganda and Argentina are promoted to division two!

Final standings

1. Uganda :thumbup:
2. Argentina :thumbup:
3. PNG :thumbup: although I would have liked them to be promoted to division two
4. Cayman Islands :thumbup:
5. Hong Kong :thumbdown I would have liked them to be the last one, can you believe it none of their players were born in the country.
6. Tanzania :thumbdown I would have liked them to be at least on top of Hong Kong and Italy.
7. Italy :thumbdown 1 home grown player but finished second to last which is what I like.
8. Fiji :-O home grown team, sad they finished last...cricket is on the down fall in the country with rugby getting big and all so would have been nice if they were at least 6th. Although, some of their best players couldn't get visa to get to Australia.

My ideal standings would be:
1. Uganda
2. PNG
3. Argentina
4. Cayman Island
5. Tanzania
6. Fiji
7. Italy
8. Hong Kong

The ICC should give extra money to the countries that have home grown player because that the only thing that's going to benefit cricket in the long run.

Last edited:

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Club cricket is thriving around the country with participation reaching record levels, so the desire to play is clearly still climbing after the World Cup success.

"Club cricket has been played in Ireland for so long and hopefully it will continue to be so because the success of the national team encourages the club system, and the players, to keep going and play week after week. They are reporting that numbers have doubled, tripled and quadrupled.

"That's why I fail to understand when people like Michael Holding and Mike Atherton said we shouldn't have been at the World Cup, because we weren't good enough. I think it was a very narrow-minded insight into what it meant to the game back home. Our performances at the World Cup were truly inspirational from that point of view and the numbers coming into the game have been fantastic."
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ireland/content/current/story/299595.html

good enough for you richard?

also china women just played their 2nd international and 1st one day against hong kong....
kenya are going to give contracts to about 18-20 players...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not really. If anything that article only highlights how unlikely it is that Ireland are going to amount to anything separate.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
no you keep moving away from things that you get proven wrong about and go on about somehting else....yoiu said playing in the world cup doesn't do much for the associates...but it does...and it doesn't highlighten anything...the financial thing is being faced by all the associates not just ireland...but they are looking to be a professionalized...also that's only because now a days the associates play way more cricket is is a good thing but they just have to figure out the financial side of it....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
no you keep moving away from things that you get proven wrong about and go on about somehting else....
No, you just can't prove me wrong and don't like the fact that you can't.
yoiu said playing in the world cup doesn't do much for the associates...but it does...and it doesn't highlighten anything...the financial thing is being faced by all the associates not just ireland...but they are looking to be a professionalized...also that's only because now a days the associates play way more cricket is is a good thing but they just have to figure out the financial side of it....
They don't have to "figure-out" the financial side, as I've said before you have a very simplistic way of looking at these things. Just because you know you need professional cricket doesn't mean it's neccessarily attainable. And without the ability to play professionally no-one is ever going to become ODI or Test class in this day and age.