• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Match-Fixing Scandal

Go_India

School Boy/Girl Captain
woolmers murder is said to be linked with a big mafia i.e. dawood ibrahim is coming into all of this. I am all confused about all this match-fixing scandals and how everything works. Could someone here help me out on how much of cricket finances depend upon match-fixing? and do people here think that the ICC is involved in all of this?

pasag

RTDAS
All rumour and innuendo so far. Wouldn't pay much attention to alot of the things said and printed.

Go_India

School Boy/Girl Captain
All rumour and innuendo so far. Wouldn't pay much attention to alot of the things said and printed.
Well i tried to ignore all of this untill woolmers death and since then alot of debate have been going on on this, and with it alot has been exposed, so i cant seem to ignore all of whats said as i feel their is a big mafia leading cricket finances. maybe i am wrong but there are alot of controversies being exposed. Hansie Cronje case was completely ignored as soon as he died, that seems abit odd aswell doesnt it?

adharcric

International Coach
You'd think people'd have learnt by now...

Oh, yeah... hmm, 5\2 on Jack?
Other than that, I'll back Liam at 13\3.
Fair enough. At this point, I would back this to be mafia-related; by that, I mean underworld-related and specifically Dawood-related. Don't ask me for proof, btw. :)

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Well i tried to ignore all of this untill woolmers death and since then alot of debate have been going on on this, and with it alot has been exposed, so i cant seem to ignore all of whats said as i feel their is a big mafia leading cricket finances. maybe i am wrong but there are alot of controversies being exposed. Hansie Cronje case was completely ignored as soon as he died, that seems abit odd aswell doesnt it?
What has been exposed? List one piece of non-circumstantial evidence that bookies, mafia or match-fixing have been in play here.

Go_India

School Boy/Girl Captain
What has been exposed? List one piece of non-circumstantial evidence that bookies, mafia or match-fixing have been in play here.
Well i am not saying there has been a concrete proof on anything but i think match-fixing has played a mjor part in cricket through some years now, it had been quite for a long time but if woolmers death is found to be linked with mafia, then alot of things will come out of the closet. And at this moment u cant ignore all of this.

pasag

RTDAS
Well i am not saying there has been a concrete proof on anything but i think match-fixing has played a mjor part in cricket through some years now, it had been quite for a long time but if woolmers death is found to be linked with mafia, then alot of things will come out of the closet. And at this moment u cant ignore all of this.
It's actually easier to ignore conspiracy theories than you think.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
no its all bull ****ing...whenever something happens like a big uppset people go around saying it a fixed and all that ****...it wasn't...i dont think match fixing is still a big part of cricket...it was once but thats why we have anti-corruption now...they have been talks about match fixing in a lot of sports and stuff like that but unless there's any proof to it...it shouldn't be paid any attention to...its just that they want you to hear their stories/articles and ****..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Touched a nerve, there, have I?

(:mad: here, too, BTW - I'm currently trying to talk to t h on MSN and he's constantly getting logged-out)

pasag

RTDAS
Touched a nerve, there, have I?

(:mad: here, too, BTW - I'm currently trying to talk to t h on MSN and he's constantly getting logged-out)
Nah, that's the emoticon that represents what happens in that scenario. Some message comes up when you press submit saying the thread has been closed and you can't post.

andmark

International Captain
woolmers murder is said to be linked with a big mafia i.e. dawood ibrahim is coming into all of this. I am all confused about all this match-fixing scandals and how everything works. Could someone here help me out on how much of cricket finances depend upon match-fixing? and do people here think that the ICC is involved in all of this?
Well they go up to the players and coach.Then they give them some money and ask them to fix the match to win or lose.After that they go to a betting shop and bet on the team who he bribed to win with a big amount of money.