• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri/Pak/Ban triangular Academy Tournament in Bangladesh

Miraz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Pakistan and Sri Lanka have already named their academy squad for the tournament.

Here are two reports

Sri Lanka Declares Academy Team For Tri-Tournament
The Sri Lanka Cricket Board has named a 15 member Sri Lanka Cricket Academy team for the upcoming triangular cricket tournament featuring academy teams from Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Pakistan to be played in Bangladesh.

The academy team will also play 2 four day matches with their Bangladeshi counterparts in the month long tour. Ian Daniel, who was included in the Sri Lanka test squad for Zimbabwe tour in 2004 but has not yet made his debut will lead the academy side.

Sri Lanka paceman Nuwan Zoysa who is battling with his fitness problem is also named for the tour. Read full report
Pakistan Name Academy Team For Bangladesh Tour
The Pakistan Cricket Board has named the 15 member Pakistan Academy team for their upcoming tour of Bangladesh in April 2007. They also named a 4 member reserve list for the same tour.

Karachi all-rounder Fawad Alam will lead the PCB Academy team which mostly features Pakistan U-19 players with first class experiences.

PCB appointed Hassan Jamil as the Manager and U-19 coach Aaqib Javed will act as the coach of the academy team.
Read full report
It will a pretty entertaining tournament. Both Pakistan and Sri Lanka team have couple of big names and some very promising young players.

Bangladesh will most probably retain the same academy squad that played against Scotland.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Matthews and Daniel will be the two batsman to watch for Sri Lanka I would say, hoping Nuwan Zoysa can bring himself up to the highest level and I suppose this would be a start.

Aritro

International Regular
Could one of our resident Bangladesh enthusiasts please give me a run down on who the best U19 Bangladeshis are?

I know Junaied has a reputation a mile long, and Shuvo's first class stats are impressive. Really I'm wanting to know if any of these young blokes have as much natural talent as the likes of Sakib, Mushfiq, Tamim and Mehrab.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Could one of our resident Bangladesh enthusiasts please give me a run down on who the best U19 Bangladeshis are?

I know Junaied has a reputation a mile long, and Shuvo's first class stats are impressive. Really I'm wanting to know if any of these young blokes have as much natural talent as the likes of Sakib, Mushfiq, Tamim and Mehrab.
It's difficult since there hasn't been any Under 19 fixtures since last year's World Cup, but I can offer a few names. Tamim Iqbal will still be eligible, but could be playing for the full side.

Junaid Siddique (aggressive opener - not sure he'll be eligible for next year though)
Marshall Ayub (aggressive middle ordere batsman with a growing reputation, bowls a bit of legspin)
Suhrawadi Shuvo (left-arm spinner, can make useful runs from the middle order)
Dollar Mahmud (left-arm seamer, did well in NCL this year)

All four of those are fairly talented, perhaps not as much as the names above though.

There will be a few others who have played domestic cricket, but Cricinfo/Cricket Archive don't carry the date of births.

Aritro

International Regular
Yep those are the 4 names I had in mind myself. I've only really seen Junaid play out of that lot and I liked what I saw.

None of those lads who have since gone on to make the national team really set the Dhaka League/National league on fire before the last U/19s World Cup. Maybe we won't get a proper picture until the next one comes around.

Efaz

U19 12th Man
PCB Academy team reached Dhaka yesterday. They will be playing two four day matches with BCB Academy.

SL Academy will come to Bangladesh on the 20th April. The one-day tri-series between three academy teams will take place afterwards. The tri-series will include a single round league and a final. After that SL Academy will also play two four day matches with BCB Academy.

- Cricinfo

Xuhaib

International Coach
A good performance here would virtually seal Fawwad Alam's spot in the Pak ODI team.

A good performance here would virtually seal Fawwad Alam's spot in the Pak ODI team.
Don't be so hopeful about his inclusion in the Pakistan ODI team as U need "Sifarish"(unfair means) rather than talent to represent Pakistan at the international level,otherwise players Like Naved-Ul-Hasan,Mohammad Sami,Kamran Akmal,Danish Kaneria,Mohammad Hafeez,Abdul Razzaq(from tests only) &Younis Khan(from ODIs only) would've been dropped from the team long ago to include guys who've showing good performance in First Class Cricket for sometime like Najaf Shah,Mohammad Irshad,Khalid Latif,Tahir Khan,Abdur Rehman & Sarfaraz Ahmed/Khalid Mahmood into the team.

tigerPassion

School Boy/Girl Captain
End of day -1 ( First 4-day match; Venue- SBNS; Toss- BCB Aca)

BCB Academy Vs PAK Academy
BCB Academy 223/10 Over -81.2 ; ( Nadif 55, Jahurul 52, Raqibul 28 ; Nazaf 4/33, Rouf 2/29, Sohel 2/41, Atif 2/67)
PAK Academy 13/1 Over -6 ; ( Khalid 4*, Zhoaib 5*; Zia 1/4 )

Efaz

U19 12th Man
Day 1 report from TigerCricket -

BD Academy dismissed for 223

Pakistan Academy started their tour of Bangladesh with an impressive style by dismissing the home side’s first innings for 223 in the first four-day match, starting at Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium today (Monday). At the end of first day’s play the touring side were 13/1.

Bangladesh Academy skipper Mehrab Hossain won the toss and elected to bat first. Then he gave a solid platform along with Jahurul Islam in the 53 runs opening stand. There were only two other significant partnerships in the Bangladesh Academy innings. Jahurul and Rakibul Hasan (28) added 63 runs for the fourth wicket while Nadif Chowdhury and Mahmudullah Riad (15) shared another 48 runs partnership for the sixth wicket.

Jahurul took the advantage of Pakistan Academy’s poor fielding effort as he was dropped thrice for his 52. Nadif’s half-century was far more convincing though. He whacked nine glorious boundaries for his 81 balls 55.

Bangladesh Academy lost their last five wickets for only 17 runs and finally dismissed for 223. For the touring side left arm seamer Najaf Shah grabbed four wickets while pacer Abdul Rauf, Sohail Tanveer and off-spinner Atif Maqbool scalped two wickets each.

Towards the end of day’s play Pakistan Academy batted for six overs and scored 13/1. Opener Afaq Rahim was caught behind at the slip cordon off Ziaur Rahman.

Perm

Good to see Mehrab Hossain Jr getting in some captaincy experience, seem's a good talent to me.

cricman

International 12th Man
Mehrab jr is in the mold Javed Omar type player with technique, he isn'r right or isn't ready for one day cricket. Nadif(while I haven't watched him play) is in the Ashraful/Aftab or Tamim mold. He's a really big hitter and he's definently going to be in the Bangladeshi XI in the 20/20 Event in South Africa.

Perm

Mehrab jr is in the mold Javed Omar type player with technique, he isn'r right or isn't ready for one day cricket. Nadif(while I haven't watched him play) is in the Ashraful/Aftab or Tamim mold. He's a really big hitter and he's definently going to be in the Bangladeshi XI in the 20/20 Event in South Africa.
Being comparable to Javed Omar in technique and temperament isn't necessarily a bad thing, unless we are talking about ODI cricket. In Test's I think that Mehrab will be sucessful in the future and looks quite disciplined. Nadif Chowdurry has been around the A teams for a little while now, and it's only a matter of time before he has the opportunity to represent Bangladesh in ODI cricket.

tigerPassion

School Boy/Girl Captain
Good to see Mehrab Hossain Jr getting in some captaincy experience, seem's a good talent to me.
Any one of Mehrab, Mushfiqur or Shahriar Nafees will be the next Bangladesh captain after Bashar.

Mehrab Hossain jnr spent his childhood years in Australia. His accent isn't Bangladeshi. May be Australian or a weird mixture of both. May be some member from that part of the world can clarify.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SqfD8gJkcss

Perm

Any one of Mehrab, Mushfiqur or Shahriar Nafees will be the next Bangladesh captain after Bashar.

Mehrab Hossain jnr spent his childhood years in Australia. His accent isn't Bangladeshi. May be Australian or a weird mixture of both. May be some member from that part of the world can clarify.

I'm picking Nafees to take over responsibilitiesas he has already captained Bangladesh in a couple of ODI's I think. Bashar may have another year in him, so Nafees should be the top choice candidate to take over.

Aritro

International Regular

The way he drops the 'r' when he says 'your' and the rounded vowel sound when he says 'aids' makes it sound like he's spent some time in this part of the world.

tigerPassion

School Boy/Girl Captain
End of day- 2 ( First 4-day match; Venue-SBNS; Toss-BD Aca)

BD Aca Vs PAK Aca

BD Aca 223/10 & 70/2 Over -18 ; ( Raqibul 35*, Nazimuddin 29*; Nazaf 2/23)
PAK Aca 225/10 Over -75.1 ; ( Sohel 58, Adnan 35 ; Mosharaf 4/77, Mehrab 2/18 ,Zia 2/56, )