• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

most popular cricketers

corza_nz

School Boy/Girl Captain
hey guys im doin a survey thing to find out some of the most popular cricket players in the world. could you all please post a team of your favourite players and ill count up which players are stated the most. please everyone try do it coz the more people the better it will be.

heres mine to get things started.
1.Graeme Smith
2.Stephen Fleming
3.Rmanaresh Sarwan
4.Ross Taylor
5.Andrew Symonds
6.Jacob Oram
7.Brendon McCullum
8.Irfan Pathan
9.Daniel Vettori
10.Shane Bond
11.Andre Nel

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Matthew Hayden
Phil Jaques
Brad Haddin+
Mike Hussey
Michael Clarke
Ryan Watson
Mark Boucher
Brett Lee
Shaun Tait
Xavier Doherty
Sreesanth

managed to think of 11 worthy players, just...

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Matthew Hayden
Stephen Fleming
Ricky Ponting
Ryan ten Doeschate
Mohammad Yousuf
Michael Hussey
Andrew Flintoff
Brett Lee
Sreesanth
Stuart Clark
Matthew Hoggard

Hussey can keep. Hard not to make every one Australian tbh.

Last edited:

LA ICE-E

State Captain
thats because your an aussie but to others brett lee, gilchrist and ponting aside the others aren't really popular

Last edited:

oz_fan

International Regular
1. Gilchrist
2. Gayle
3. Ponting
4. Lara
5. Tendulkar
6. Hussey
7. Flintoff
8. Pollock
9. Vaas
10. Bond
11. McGrath

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In no particular order or style

Gilchrist
Martyn
Lee
Clarke
Franklin
Pollock
Boucher
ten Doeschate
Saleh
Nafees
Tharanga

pasag

RTDAS
thats because your an aussie but to others brett lee and ponting aside the others aren't really popular
coz ur an aussie. but it will balance out coz this site has a fair share of all fans and each person will pick more people from their own team.
Indeed, my point was it was hard for me to make a side of my favourite players without 11 Australians.

Simon

why should you have to anyway, id be surprised if most people didnt have their teams 75% of players from their own country...

Fiery

Banned
How the hell does Brett Lee get on these lists?! The guys a beamer-bowler, wanna-be-Bollywood-star knob!

Fiery

Banned
He always looks like he is giving 100%, thats good enough for me mate.
100% for a different country Perm! His Indian money-chasing, wicket-celebrating (whether it be the chain-saw, the fist-pump or the gay little run and leap for joy) ways make me wanna hate all Australians tbh

Last edited:

_Ed_

Lee gained tons of my respect during the 2005 Ashes series tbh.

Hated the guy until then though.

pasag

RTDAS
100% for a different country Perm! His Indian money-chasing, wicket-celebrating (whether it be the chain-saw, the fist-pump or the gay little run and leap for joy) ways make me wanna hate all Australians tbh
And the way you carry on makes me want to hate all New Zealanders tbh. But I know better.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Shahriar Nafees
Sanath Jayasuriya
Younis Khan
Sachin Tendulkar
Brian Lara
Tillakaratne Dilshan
Kumar Sangakkara
Anil Kumble
Mashrafe Mortaza
Mohammad Asif