• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

most popular cricketers

maheshprasad

Cricket Spectator
Adam Gilchrist (best wicket keeper batter)

He is not.Yeah well,he might be good in one day cricket.He might be the best aggressive wicket keeper batsman.But in my opinion he is certainly the second best to sangakkara.Look at his test career to see the proof

corza_nz

School Boy/Girl Captain
ok well i counted up everyones teams as it seems like no1 else is going to vote. so what i got as cricket webs favourite team of players, based on who voted: is.
in batting order

1. Adam Gilchrist
2. Sachin Tendulkar
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Kevin Pietersen
5. Brian Lara
6. Michael Hussey
7. Andrew Flintoff
8. Shaun Pollock
9. Brett Lee
10. Shane Bond
11. Muttiah Muralitharan

with the likes of sangakkara, hoggard, jayasuria, mcgrath, asif, smith and fleming just missing out.
ponting and lee were the most voted for individuals.

if more people wanna add their teams feel free to and i can update any changes.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I was under the same impression at first - you may have seen me name a "universal" list back on page 2 (since deleted). I realized that pretty much everyone else was just listing their personal favorites so I did the same. By the way, it's Shantakumaran Sreesanth, Sree Sreesanth or Sreesanth, not S. :D
Or SS. :ph34r:

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
for me i lankan living in Nz
Sanath ( this guy is AWESOME) if u ppl meet him he is actually same as wat comes across on t.v.
then
Sachin
Chris gyle
Sanagakara
Vettori
Inzi
Tharnga
Bond

and anyone who is not australian
And oh yeah i dnt care wat others think bt imo aussies did not even cross my mind for this topic. Maybe only Damien Martyn all the others are like luie vincent said are a pack of dogs( the dogs u find on the streets of subcontinet)

Blaze

Banned
1.C Gayle
2.S Afridi
3.B Lara
4.S Fleming
5.R Taylor
6.R Sarwan
7.M Hussey
8.C Read (I can't believe an England player makes my side)
9. S Mushtaq
10.S Bond
11. F Edwards

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If I was going to make a Test side it would look a little something like this.

1. Shoaib Malik
2. Shahriar Nafees
3. Rajin Saleh
4. Damien Martyn
5. Kevin Pietersen
6. Ryan den Doeschate
7. Adam Gilchrist (c) (wk)
8. Shaun Pollock
9. James Franklin
10. Brett Lee
11. Shane Bond

Little bit weak at the top of the order although the middle order is very strong, as is the lower order. Shoaib Malik would be the main spinner although Kevin Pietersen would get a trundle every now and then.

maheshprasad

Cricket Spectator
Very surprised that people have named Graeme Smith as a favourite. To each their own & all, but I think the bloke comes across as a big blow-hard myself. None too popular amongst his fellow pros either, from what some say.

Anyway, if we're talking in terms of global popularity I'd say Sachin & Dravid would be head-and-shoulders clear of anyone else because of the sheer weight of numbers of cricket fans in India. Or, at least, they were until recently... :ph34r:

Personally my favourite current player is BC Lara; absolute joy to watch when he's zonal. Others I like to watch & who seem decent coves include Gilchrist, Dravid, Kumble, Bond, Hussey, Pietersen, Colly & Fred. I did have a lot of regard for young Asif too until recently, but he has blotted his copybook somewhat.
In India the 2nd popular player is Ganguly,not Dravid.Dravid's popularity comes noway near Saurav's.Nobody will despise Indian cricket team if they throw out Dravid.That's what happened with Ganguly

Salamuddin

International Debutant
1. Haydos
2. Graeme Smith
3. Dwayne Smith
4. ANdrew Symonds
5. Saurav Ganguly (Herr Kapitan)
6. Rikki Clarke
7. Paul Nixon
8. Akhtar
9. Robin Peterson
10. Harmison
11. Asif

grecian

1. Tresco
2. Gayle
3. Dravid
4. Lara
5. Mo Yo
6. Flintoff
7. Sangakara
8. Pollock
9. Bond
10. Lee
11. Murali

Perm

I would be batting Sangakarra above Flintoff, he's just not a Test quality #6.

grecian

You are right, tbh. Bit silly of me really, but it is fave players, and fred is my fave atm, so I would give him every chance to score runs.

grecian

Yeah, actually Lee should probably bat above Bond, its not terribly well thought out:unsure:

FBU

International Debutant
good work everyone...keep posting your teams, would be great if everyone could do it the more the better. then ill count them all up and see cricket webs favourite team of players.

Are you going to do a least favourite cricketer survey? :)