• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Innings of the week 19th-25th March

Best Innings?

• Shiv Chanderpaul 102* Vs Ireland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Verinder Sehwag 114 Vs Bermuda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sideshowtim

Banned
Matthew Haydens, and not just because it came in a big game or because of it's speed but because it was some of the cleanest, hardest hitting of a cricket ball i have seen for some time. The shots he played were 4 and 6 on any ground in the world. He looked in absolutely immaculate touch, reminded me of him a few years back. Fantastic batting.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Only 2 of those innings came against a quality attack. That innings was the fastest hundred in ODI history. It is a conclusion definitely foregone.

pup11

International Coach
Haydos was the obvious choice because of sheer ease and comfort with which he scored his runs, so i have voted for him.

But i would like to specially mention Clarkie's knock which was also excellent the way he paced his innings was great and good to see him coming good at no.4. Pity he missed out on a deserved hundred.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Although Matthew Hayden's was the better innings and will likely be judged so, I have to say that I enjoyed watching Michael Clarke bat far more than I did with Hayden.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Although Matthew Hayden's was the better innings and will likely be judged so, I have to say that I enjoyed watching Michael Clarke bat far more than I did with Hayden.
Don't you find Clarke ugly to watch when he gets in slog mode?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't you find Clarke ugly to watch when he gets in slog mode?
Not particularly, not as ugly as Hayden standing there and thumping the ball repeatedly over mid-on/midwicket. I think it's more entertaining to watch Clarke step away slightly and smote it over cover.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
One did not see Imran Nazir's and Chanderpaul's innings but only two of the five (the two Australians) faced a decent attack. I think Hayden was magnificent.

I have never been reminded of Viv Richard's batting in such a vivid manner as i was by Hayden even though he is a left hander.

For those who did not see Richards demolishing the best attacks in the world like a superman, just watch Haydens innings against South Africa through a mirror.

:)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Has to be Hayden's. Clarke was magnificent to watch, but Hayden murdered Pollock and Ntini with the new ball, which is a feat on any surface. Probably won't end up as the best innings of the WC, but it's definitely the best of the week.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Steady on. He's a good 30+ balls of that.
The funny thing about that is that I initially had "fastest ODI hundred in World Cup history" then realized that that would be redundant. So in editing it I meant to just take out the "ODI" bit and I suppose somewhere along the line I took out the "World Cup" bit instead. Possibly my worst typo on here, if only because of the thought that went into it.

jammay123

State 12th Man
this weeks is simple . chanderpaul and nazir were against weak teams wheras haydens was against the supposed 'no.1 team'plus he got it in world record time