• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 18-25 March

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

Richard - 27000 posts
steds - 13000 posts
Samuel_Vimes - 10000 posts
silentstriker - 10000 posts
chaminda_00 - 7000 posts
pasag - 7000 posts
dontcloseyoureyes - 6000 posts
_Ed_ - 5000 posts
The Baconator - 3000 posts
Majin - 1000 posts
pup11 - 1000 posts
16 tins of Spam - 1000 posts

Still looking for a judge

1. The Warne for best thread
2. The Bradman for best poster

And then there were eight, can Ireland cause another upset? Will SA choke? Will Australia cause WC history? Are the hosts going all the way? Or maybe SL can make it No. two

The CW Awards Team

Alternative (milestones)
Marc (awards judge)
Richard (Sir Geoffrey, and Sobers)
Adharcric (Afridi and Hussey)
Position vacant (Warne and Bradman)
Archie (whatever else is left over)

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let Manju (Alternative) know, you can contact him at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com

All other awards nominations to be sent to cwawards@cricketmail.net

Best of The Best

Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Sunny Mehta for this click here a lot said about India (I tipped them to win) this was one of the rare posts that was not totally over the top

Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Dravid for this click here , quality posting on this thread, with everyone showing respect and maturity in expressing their views. :cool:

The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Voltman click here And once again I don’t understand the Voltman humour:huh:

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Mr Mxyzptlk top week of posting

Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: pup Clarke for this click here He went on to make 160 :wacko:

Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: ekshi for this click here not sure who he is talking to? Or why! :-O

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: Fusion good stuff re ‘where do Pakistan go from here’ and also intelligent posts on Bob Woolmer

The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: no award this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least they’re trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: Richard I think we will make it a rule that no one can win this award more then two weeks in a row:ph34r:

The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is:
Pup Clarke Two awards going well mate:cool:

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: no winners this week

Saj Award for best rant of the week (following Saj's outburst after the 3rd Test, and no Saj, we don't know what you were doing out there either, it's a sad indictment on the quality of our reserves: And the Winner is: steds for this click here trivial anyone? Still I tend to agree

Marsh/Lillee Award (Best prediction of the week) they took 500/1 against England winning after following-on, and won, um lost. And the Winner is: no award this week

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management:)

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
After all that banter with C_C I was hoping for some compensation. Not meant to be! Congrats all.

pup11

International Coach
Congrats to all the winners you guys completly deserve it guys.

Special congrats to Pup 2 awards in a week great going mate, but got to agree with Princey a bit late in the day give Pup the Hussey (but Pup fully deserves it tough). Anyways way to go mate keep up the good work.

adharcric

International Coach
Pup Clarke is still relatively new. Imagine SS joining in his addictive mode - he'd rack up a 1000 posts in a week and disqualify himself from the Hussey, wouldn't he? :ph34r:

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Congrats to all the winners you guys completly deserve it guys.

Special congrats to Pup 2 awards in a week great going mate, but got to agree with Princey a bit late in the day give Pup the Hussey (but Pup fully deserves it tough). Anyways way to go mate keep up the good work.
Cheers pup.I thought it was a bit late in the day but I'll take it.:)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Voltman click here And once again I don’t understand the Voltman humour:huh:
One day you will, archie - one day. :cool:

And it appears this is post #7001 - didn't even notice tbh.

Five Skulls now - thrilled just quietly.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Oh, and I'll point out I thought irfan's super headlines in the Headline thread were unlucky not to get the Skull.