• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Choice of Hat When Playing.

What sort of hat is best?

• Total voters

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Taking from Goughy's thread, what are your preferences when out in the field?

I decided to slip in baseball cap there, because a number of clubs use them these days (in Australia at least), especially for one day games.

Personally, I'm a floppy man, although I'm not averse to anything. Except the nude nut, which doesn't feel right.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wear a Harlequin(sp?)-style cap when batting, bowling and fielding. Never take it off as soon as get to cricket.

pup11

International Coach
A bandana would be fine for me but since its not allowed on a cricket field so i would be wearing a Floppy.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Anyone who goes in to a cricket match hatless, and isn't a West Indian player from the 80s, instantly loses my respect.

I personally just where my club cap.

readie

State Regular
I've got a baggy which I wear for club games, but our association makes us wear baseball caps with sponsors name on the side when we play rep games. Voted for the baggy anyway.

btw Nude nut is no hat

Josh

International Regular
Depends how sunny it is. If it's severely overcast I'd go the baggy or the cap; if it's severely sunny I'd go the floppy.

Somewhere in between warrants a very technical formula to decide which headgear is appropriate.

Never go nude nut.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Baseball cap's the best. Although when awarded a baggy cap for making a team I do indeed where it proudly.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
I'm in a helmet a lot of the time really, I have to wear one when I'm up to the stumps which I am quite a lot. Usually sport a team cap otherwise though. Collar up as well.