• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Choice of Hat When Playing.

What sort of hat is best?

• Total voters

Langeveldt

Soutie
Floppy hat usually, and if i'm batting against bowling that isn't quick.. Has to be collar up too, specially with the sun here

open365

International Vice-Captain
I used to have an awesome BMW F1 baseball cap which my dad got free at a service station that i wore constantly and became really attached to but then i lost it riding a rollercoaster in Southport (dumb idea i know) and they don't sell them anymore :(

It saddens me just thinking about it, now i play in my LCC club cap which is ****e or my NYC baseball cap which just isn't the same as my old BMW one.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I dont mind Auusies wearing one (due to cultural significance), but apart from that anyone else wearing one should be shot.

Nothing angers me more than multi coloured Baggie caps on a cricket field. May as well hang a sign around your neck saying "I was sent to public school and forced to get 'friendly' with the older boys and ate the soggy biscuit many times"

Such an obnoxious sign of 'good breeding' and the ra-ra's.

A symbol of the officer mentality that sent the young boys over the top whilst getting a manicure and eating steak himself.

As soon as I see a baggy cap I think '****' and proceed to try and knock his chinless head off his neck.

So to conclude. A baseball/cricket cap or floppy for me. :)

Last edited:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I dont mind Auusies wearing one (due to cultural significance), but apart from that anyone else wearing one should be shot.

Nothing angers me more than multi coloured Baggie caps on a cricket field. May as well hang a sign around your neck saying "I was sent to public school and forced to get 'friendly' with the older boys and ate the soggy biscuit many times"

A symbol of the officer mentality that sent the young boys over the top whilst getting a manicure and eating steak himself.

As soon as I see a baggy cap I think '****' and proceed to try and knock his chinless head off his neck.

So to conclude. A baseball cap or floppy for me. :)
My club has had them for ages. I'm not toff, honest :p

open365

International Vice-Captain

So to conclude. A baseball/cricket cap or floppy for me. :)
Isn't that what you try and do to any batsman??