• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I want to coach NZ - Patel

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good to see there is a reasonable amount of interesting in the job, as soon as we get rid of John Bracewell the better.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not sure Patel's statement about having 2 spinners attacking no matter how many runs they go for will fill the interviewers for the role with much confidence

Natman20

International Debutant
I'd say Rixon with Wright close behind. I wouldn't mind Bracewell for a bit more but it is about time we changed tactics or start something new.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rixon would be my choice as well. He and Fleming had a superb relationship, and the fielding with him as coach was top-notch (as opposed to the dreadful displays throughout most of the Commonwealth Bank Series).

He also did a lot for Adam Parore's keeping, if he could do the same with McCullum (who is already pretty reliable) it would be fantastic.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Oh, it's worked for NZ sports teams in the past, SS. We had a brilliant combination of John Hart and Alex Wylie at the 1991 Rugby World Cup. Those two got on like a house on fire

<removes tongue from cheek>

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Would be fantastic to have Rixon back - I personally feel John Wright may be a marginally better bet though. Wouldn't really fancy Patel's chances TBH.