• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India in Bangladesh

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I am contributing... and will cintribute to bring out the point that IND cricket is the ugliest one with politicised members in it.

and I am bringing only the facts and I am not putting something thats not true..
Start a new thread about it. We're all sick of hearing about it in every single thread - it's not relevant. You're a poor man's BLE really.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Why shud I open a new thread. Thread is here to discuss Indian team tour against BAN and I am restricting to it.... Why do you need a new thread?

Interesting blokes

adharcric

International Coach
I am contributing... and will cintribute to bring out the point that IND cricket is the ugliest one with politicised members in it.

and I am bringing only the facts and I am not putting something thats not true..
No, you have only made one post of any substance in this thread - the one about poor administration - and that seems like the only thing you can say. Clearly, you don't bother to provide elaborations or solutions to any of these problems either. Your points are completely irrelevant and your answer to every question is "Indian cricket sucks". Go start a "let's bitch about Indian cricket" thread unless you have something useful to say.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I predict that Mortaza will bag the most wickets in the series. He is the best fast bowler on either side and I would like to see how well he does with the bat, because I think soon he'll be considered a bowling all rounder.

Raghav

No, you have only made one post of any substance in this thread - the one about poor administration - and that seems like the only thing you can say. Clearly, you don't bother to provide elaborations or solutions to any of these problems either. Your points are completely irrelevant and your answer to every question is "Indian cricket sucks". Go start a "let's bitch about Indian cricket" thread unless you have something useful to say.
Why should I provide solutions for your cricket team. I am no where in the administration side of Indian cricket team. Its for more reason for you to feel the headache to find solution bcoz you are indian fan.

Why should I find solution? I am not getting paid for it?

Whats this silly?

My answer to every question is similar bcoz, India is really sucking! will continue in future too...

I am the eye-witness for it.. I am living in India and I am watching how it is sucking day by day..:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I predict that Mortaza will bag the most wickets in the series. He is the best fast bowler on either side and I would like to see how well he does with the bat, because I think soon he'll be considered a bowling all rounder.
Bit of an injustice to Zaheer Khan. His record isn't very flash but I rate him quite highly. Sreesanth and Munaf are also two young bowlers full of potential, they'll be looking to have a good tour. Agree with your point about Mortaza's batting, I hope he scores a few runs.

Raghav

Be very much happy if your prediction is 110% right?

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Seriously, what has Mohammad Kaif done to deserve this treatment from the selectors? It's ridiculous really, the guy has potential to be the next Indian captain in both Test's and ODI's if he can get himself established but the selectors just aren't giving him the time of day.
just because India has not qualfied for the super8s , it does not mean, who have been alreay left out should get an automatic inclusion. Kaif has done really badly in the Deodhar tropy, as he always do. He had a string of ducks in th Deodhar Tropy, and he also made a world record against Srilanka at home (4 consecutive ducks), if i remember right, 2 of them were golden.

All i have to say is Kaif and Raina will have to play and prove themselves in the domestic circuit. They both got into the Indian team through the backdoors(Under-19). I have not seen Kaif playing a single substantial knock 150+ in a domestic game(Ranji,Duleep)

Definitely he should not come close to ODI selection now. Tests, if he can prove, he can get back.

But remember there are other worthy contenders for the tests like Cheteswar Pujara ,Badrinath Subramaniam, etc., Pujara played some matchwinning knocks and Badrinath has proved time and again, how reliable he is.

And also Rohit Sharma being talked about ahead of Badri and Pujara does not make any sense to me. Another back door selection in the waiting!!!!

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
My Indian test X1 would be...

Wasim Jaffer
Dinesh Karthik
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Sourav Ganguly
VVS Laxman
MS Dhoni
Anil Kumble
Sreesanth
Zaheer Khan
Munaf Patel

My Indian OD line up would be...

Gautham Gambhir
Robin Uthappa
Manoj Tiwary
Yuvraj Singh
Rahul Dravid
MS Dhoni
Dinesh Karthik
Piyush Chawla
Sreesanth
Zaheer Khan
Munaf Patel

For ODIs, I would play only one of the two openers, and make Dinesh Karthick to open with Gambhir or Uthappa and bring Dinesh Mongia in. Though i am not a great supporter of Mongia, i believe he can bowl 5-8 decent overs, better than yuvraj as a bowler and probably they can share the 10 overs

And i the tests, i would play Ramesh Powar in place of Zaheer Khan.

Perm

just because India has not qualfied for the super8s , it does not mean, who have been alreay left out should get an automatic inclusion. Kaif has done really badly in the Deodhar tropy, as he always do. He had a string of ducks in th Deodhar Tropy, and he also made a world record against Srilanka at home (4 consecutive ducks), if i remember right, 2 of them were golden.

All i have to say is Kaif and Raina will have to play and prove themselves in the domestic circuit. They both got into the Indian team through the backdoors(Under-19). I have not seen Kaif playing a single substantial knock 150+ in a domestic game(Ranji,Duleep)

Definitely he should not come close to ODI selection now. Tests, if he can prove, he can get back.

But remember there are other worthy contenders for the tests like Cheteswar Pujara ,Badrinath Subramaniam, etc., Pujara played some matchwinning knocks and Badrinath has proved time and again, how reliable he is.

And also Rohit Sharma being talked about ahead of Badri and Pujara does not make any sense to me. Another back door selection in the waiting!!!!
It's common knowledge that Mohammad Kaif has been treated poorly by the selectors, especially when it comes to Test match cricket. I know his form in the domestic competition hasn't been that flash, but I thought he may have been in with a chance considering how well he has done for India in the past, having been dropped after good perfromances on several occasions.

Perm

For ODIs, I would play only one of the two openers, and make Dinesh Karthick to open with Gambhir or Uthappa and bring Dinesh Mongia in. Though i am not a great supporter of Mongia, i believe he can bowl 5-8 decent overs, better than yuvraj as a bowler and probably they can share the 10 overs

And i the tests, i would play Ramesh Powar in place of Zaheer Khan.
So you would play two young and inexperienced seamers in Sreesanth and Munaf? Those two are likely to bring down or completely lose it, they aren't ready to spearhead the attack yet. Add Ramesh Powar to that bowling attack and it's just to inexperienced, I would definately be backing Bangladesh for a decent score.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
It's common knowledge that Mohammad Kaif has been treated poorly by the selectors, especially when it comes to Test match cricket. I know his form in the domestic competition hasn't been that flash, but I thought he may have been in with a chance considering how well he has done for India in the past, having been dropped after good perfromances on several occasions.
just being strokeless does not qualify him to play tests for India. I dont think he either has the technique or temparament for test matches.

I totally disagree with this. Perhaps, he is the one to be given the maximum chances to prove himself, mostly biased by his knock in final in England. Many complained he batted very low. Whenever had come at the top of the order, his strike rate is pathetic even against minnow teams, he make the bowling look unplayable and he puts extra pressure on the batsmen at the other end.

There are better players waiting for their chance like Badrinath, Pujara and even Yashpal Singh, who has performed outstandingly well. Unless you give chances to these players, how would you actually test them?

For me, back-door entry should be totally done away with, unless there is an extra-ordinary talent like Sachin.

Otherwise the conventional selection route should be Ranji,Duleep for tests, Deodhar for ODIs.