• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Celebrations (wickets and hundreds)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, I love the way some players get **** on for celebrating too much, like they're immature or unprofessional or something from some people and some players get **** on for not celebrating enough, like they lack the passion and spirit from others.

This isn't the first time I've seen this, happens in the official threads quite abit. Seriously, who gives a **** one way or another. Who cares how each players reacts to getting a wicket or milestone. I don't care if someone gets out a tailender and takes his shirt off and does a lap of honour tbh. Nor do I care if someone gets a double century and doesn't even smile. And I think people who do care about how the players react, need to stop and remember it is just a sport ffs.
You've got a semi-point. No, it doesn't really matter how players react if they're doing the job all the way down the line.

But it seriously pisses me off when Lee, Watson or whoever get clobbered around a bit then go off like maniacs when they get a couple of tailenders out.

shortpitched713

International Captain
But it seriously pisses me off when Lee, Watson or whoever get clobbered around a bit then go off like maniacs when they get a couple of tailenders out.
A wicket is a wicket. And taking wickets, even of tailenders, at the international level is hard work.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
I prefer players to show some emotion in those circumstances. I can't stand these arrogant knobs who stand there chewing their gum and acting as if their hundred or wicket or whatever is their god-given right. Try to look like you're enjoying the game, ffs.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A wicket is a wicket. And taking wickets, even of tailenders, at the international level is hard work.
Disagree with that as a generalization. Chris Martin and a couple of Bermudans would not be too hard to get out. Jason Gillespie and Matthew Hoggard, fair enough.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I prefer players to show some emotion in those circumstances. I can't stand these arrogant knobs who stand there chewing their gum and acting as if their hundred or wicket or whatever is their god-given right. Try to look like you're enjoying the game, ffs.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: