• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Astle signs for Derbyshire

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting...I hadn't heard anything about this, but while searching through the English Cricinfo site I found that Nathan Astle recently signed to be Derbyshire's 2nd overseas player.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It happened today I believe - good signing, as his bowling is IMO suited to English conditions and he's a reasonable bat.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by marc71178
It happened today I believe - good signing, as his bowling is IMO suited to English conditions and he's a reasonable bat.
Still only "Reasonable" after that 222? ;):lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I know it was reletivly flukey...but still a great innings...4 balls of which I have ever seen :( Damn Channel 4 :(!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd like to see anyone else in the English team apart from Vaughan attempt that!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Tim
I'd like to see anyone else in the English team apart from Vaughan attempt that!
Yeah but I'd like to see Astle play anything near to that again...

Also we have our (non-bowling) Astle...in Ally Brown :D

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon Astle will do it in Wellington, he scores alot of runs there..

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Tim
I reckon Astle will do it in Wellington, he scores alot of runs there..
Despite the weakness of India's bowling I doubt he could play another innings like that...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah im not saying he'll go better than his 222, I still think he could hit a quickfire 100 or 150 however.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Tim
Yeah im not saying he'll go better than his 222, I still think he could hit a quickfire 100 or 150 however.
Let's both hope so ;) Pile the misery on for India :lol:

Eclipse

International Debutant
Originally posted by Tim
Vaughan is not really that sort of player is he?

From what I have seen hes a good stroke maker but not really a good hitter.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Eclipse
Originally posted by Tim
Vaughan is not really that sort of player is he?

From what I have seen hes a good stroke maker but not really a good hitter.
I think the most likely player to do something like that in the England Team other than Flintoff (who can but rarely does), is Trescothick, good hitter.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Yeah I would say Trescothick to.

Vaughan has looked really bad in the One Day games I have seen him play has he been improving that area if his game?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Eclipse
Yeah I would say Trescothick to.

Vaughan has looked really bad in the One Day games I have seen him play has he been improving that area if his game?
Doubt it, he's not really a OD player. In Tests he's surprised me with how well he's done and how he's changed his game to be much more attacking. The problem is that although he has some good OD shots like a flick he used in the summer, he just hasn't played the innings to warrent his inclusion...and his Off-Spin is a make-up option at best...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'd say his off spin is easily the equal of the likes of Virender Sehwag, and he always seems to bowl a few overs for India.