• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Farewell to Inzamam

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It should be, after the time we all spent creating it. ;)

Nah, Manan did most of the work - excellent, heartfelt tribute IMO. :thumbup1:

FRAZ

International Captain
As a batsman I never had any problem with Inzamam . But as he has realized his limited capabilities as a useless captain then I guess it's the time to say bye to him as being the best middle order batsman of this era .
Well he should have taken this decision of quitting the captaincy a long time ago but anyways he is off from it now so no complaints .
But anyways I feel sorry and disgusted about my fellow journalists that they never tapped on my shoulders to say "Yes my friend you always predict good things" .......
I feel real sorry cuz they will just roll over me yet again (remember my appeal to the world upon watching Hair) ........ I feel real sorry !!!!!!!!!!! My protest is over and I ll spell Inzamam properly now !!!! But he dare not lick on his droppings by revoking the retirement otherwise the world knows me very well !!!!!!!

FRAZ

International Captain
As a batsman I never had any problem with Inzamam . But as he has realized his limited capabilities as a useless captain then I guess it's the time to say bye to him as being the best middle order batsman of this era .
Well he should have taken this decision of quitting the captaincy a long time ago but anyways he is off from it now so no complaints .
But anyways I feel sorry and disgusted about my fellow journalists that they never tapped on my shoulders to say "Yes my friend you always predict good things" .......
I feel real sorry cuz they will just roll over me yet again (remember my appeal to the world upon watching Hair) ........ I feel real sorry !!!!!!!!!!! My protest is over and I ll spell Inzamam properly now !!!! But he dare not lick on his droppings by revoking the retirement otherwise the world knows me very well !!!!!!!
good article....:)

Fusion

Global Moderator
Thanks for writing this excellent tribute SS. Very well written. I will miss seeing Inzi in the Pakistani lineup. In fact, in the upcoming year or so, Pakistani fans are going to miss his match winning knocks a heck of a lot. Even though he came down at least one spot too late in the lineup, he was still a stabilizing factor that we're certainly going to miss.
Thanks for the memories Inzi! I wish you the best of luck for in the new innings of your life.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Ahh yes, i totally understand your point now

andmark

International Captain
It will be sad to see such a experienced player leave all of a sudden.

Last edited:

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
What really surprised me about his retirement was the timing, the guy was more concerned about his career at a time when his coach had lost his life!! I found iut very insensitive and sickning.