• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Cricket Close Season transfers

chris.hinton

International Captain
Lets Have a Thread where we can add and keep up to date with the English Domestic Signing and Who the Counties are going to sign as Overseas Stars

I start of:-

S.Mac

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Ahhh I was planning to do this.

Anyway:

Andrew Gait signed for Derbyshire for 1 year

Graeme Welch signed for Derbyshire for 2 years

Nathan Astle becomes the 2nd overseas player for Derbyshire (but why do they need 2 batsmen?)

Alamgir Sheriyar signed for Kent for 2 years, from Worcestershire

Peter Trego has signed for Kent for 2 years, from Somerset

Warwickshire have signed Shane Bond as their 2nd Overseas Player next season

Warwickshire have signed EU National Jonathon Trott for 2 years, from Boland.

Azhar Mahmood and Saqulain Mushtaq have both signed 2 year contracts with Surrey.

Ed Giddins has moved from Surrey and has signed a 2 year contract with Hampshire

18 Year Old Mali Richards (Son of Viv) has signed a summer contract with Middlesex till 2003

Vince Wells has moved from Leicestershire and has signed a 2 year contract with Durham

Iain Sutcliffe has left Leicestershire and has signed with Lancashire, Fellow Batsmen Mal Loye has also signed, but has moved from Northamptonshire

Tim Munton and Rob Bailey of Derbyshire and Mark Robinson of Sussex have Retired.

Leicestershire have released Off-Spinner Carl Crowe and Wicket Keeper Neil Burns and signed former keeper Paul Nixon on a 3 year contract from Kent. They have also signed England All-Rounder Jeremy Snape from Gloustershire, on a 3 year contract, and Slow Left Armer Rupish Amin from Surrey.

*Breathes Heavily*

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Stuart McGill and Chris Cairns are Nottinghamshire's overseas players next season...although Cairns is only just back from injury which kept him from playing for Notts last season.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Its good to see more NZ players playing county cricket. Despite people saying County Cricket really isn't that strong, I still believe that a couple of seasons trying to perfect your game on the county circuit can't got a miss.

Im surprised Astle has gone because he's been criticised sometimes as being too laid back & not really wanting to improve himself. I guess now that he has a 20% payrise he's decided he'd better get cracking.