• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup will be ours.... Sehwag reminds the world!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You don't actually, seriously think that India can in the World Cup do you?
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Thanks for that I needed a good laugh.
I mean, they're not a bad team or anything, just not good enough.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
But English and Pakistani fans aren't talking up their chances stupidly!
To be honest, all this big mouthing has always lead to anti climax. So I have learnt my lesson.

WeptWindies

Cricket Spectator
Originally posted by masterblaster
bigvinny, if youve seen India play recently, weve got some very good fielders now, Dinesh Mongia, Yuvraj, Kaif, Tendulkar, Laxman and Dravid (slips) are all fine fielders in their various positions.
Yes some of the younger players are better fielders, but overall Indian team's fielding is poor.As for Dravid, he is no longer required to field at slips, is now the WK, and that is one big reason as to why the Indian fielding is said to be poor!

So your arguement has no base in it whatsoever. And about Zaheer Khan, one of his early wickets in his career was a yorker to Steve Waugh which knocked out his middle stump out of the ground, and Zaheer is sharp too.

So you really seem to have no clue
Even Ajit Agarkar had come up with deliveries that were almost unplayable, does it means he's a good bowler?
Khan is an average bowler, he has not done anything great yet to earn such high praise.76 wkts in 49 matches with an economy rate of 4.81, not very impressive!

And if Indian bowling and fielding is really good, then why is every team scoring 300+ against India??

Kapil on India's chances

India can win World Cup: Kapil Dev

MUMBAI: Former Indian captain Kapil Dev on Saturday said here that the Indian cricket team has the ammunition to win the forthcoming World Cup in South Africa next year.

"It is a very good team. They have the ammunition and all they have to do is to believe in themselves and perform to their full potential to win the Cup," he added.

Kapil, who led India to its first ever World Cup win in 1983, said his mantra to success in cricket was "application, concentration and determination" and added that "if you can do these three to perfection then there is no reason not to come up as a cricketer."

Just to point out some facts, India have the best batting line up in the world, their spinners in Harb and Kartik are class act and they have a very good left and right combination of pacers in Srinath and Khan.So all in all it looks to be a solid team.However i agree with Vince on their fielding, this is one greay area, i mean some of the younger player are good fielders but overall Indian team fielding is their weak point.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Just to point out some facts, India have the best batting line up in the world, their spinners in Harb and Kartik are class act and they have a very good left and right combination of pacers in Srinath and Khan.So all in all it looks to be a solid team.However i agree with Vince on their fielding, this is one greay area, i mean some of the younger player are good fielders but overall Indian team fielding is their weak point.

And the moto of the team is : " No matter what you bash us for in the first, we'll bash you for one more in the second "

West Indian fans Dejavu.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Just think for a moment. If(I know its impossible) but if India fail badly next year, where does everyone go ?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Personally, I'd spend a good month laughing!

Yes India have the batsmen to win the World Cup, but the bowling is realy poor, and they will evetually come a cropper.

Indeed, a stat I pointed out suggests this great form they're in isn't all that special - they may have won 14 and lost 6 of their last 20 completed ODI's, but in only 1 of those 20 have they plyed against a good team!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm just wondering where this guy gets this idea that South Africa are going to choke in the Semis...they are easily the 2nd best team in the world and have some superb batsmen. All-Round they are much better than India and even if India get 300 I think South Africa could beat them due to the weakness of the Indian bowling attack. I'm sorry but I really doubt South Africa would beat India...

Originally posted by Gotchya
Just think for a moment. If(I know its impossible) but if India fail badly next year, where does everyone go ?

Thre isn't 100 perecnt surety in cricket.I won't even say that a team like England(a team struggling badly currently) have no chance.In my opinion all the following teams have chance to win the cup.

Aus,SA,Ind,Nz,Eng,Pak.

Aus and India has string outfit and looks more than likly to win the cup!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
India are strong in batting...nothing else! To win the cup they would have to beat very strong all-round outfits like Australia and South Africa. I'm sorry but with their bowling problems I cannot see that happening.

SRTgrSDB

Cricket Spectator
Originally posted by Rik
I'm just wondering where this guy gets this idea that South Africa are going to choke in the Semis...they are easily the 2nd best team in the world and have some superb batsmen. All-Round they are much better than India and even if India get 300 I think South Africa could beat them due to the weakness of the Indian bowling attack. I'm sorry but I really doubt South Africa would beat India...
I'm wondering if this guy have been following cricket? choking has nothing to do with having inferior quality batters or so, its all about nerves.SA are said to be choking kings, not once but on numerous occasions have we seen the SA batters snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.Steven and Co have often mock SA for their inability to keep their cool in crunch matches.

And recently Pollock has said that he is hoping that the team will perform well inspite of the additional pressure of the home ground.Considering their choking record and the additional home ground pressure they are more than likly to falter!

Eclipse

International Debutant
India have a good batting line up but On SA pitches I am fairly certain teams like Australia and South Africa will do better with the bat.

Also I am not convinced yet that Indias batting line up is the best in the world.
Any team who bat predomanantly on sub contenent pitches will always make loads of runs.

Choora

State Regular
Originally posted by Eclipse
India have a good batting line up but On SA pitches I am fairly certain teams like Australia and South Africa will do better with the bat.

Also I am not convinced yet that Indias batting line up is the best in the world.
Any team who bat predomanantly on sub contenent pitches will always make loads of runs.
Well, you will soon be convinced as 2 how good India's batting line up is.Interestingly both India and Pak have won WC abroad, and haven't even reach the finals whenever the WC was staged in Asia.I firmly believe that Indian batsmen will dominate the WC, last time ROCK scored 4 tons, this time Sachin and co will rip apart opponent bowlers!

Eclipse

International Debutant
Get a reality cheek I have seen India play heaps and some of your batsman suck against pace bowling trust and Im willing to bet on this your batting will not do that well.

It will do good because you have some stars like Tendulkar ,Ganguly, Dravid, Shewag.

But it wont be enough.

Choora

State Regular
Well Laxman is a good player of pace.If he comes good along with Sachin,Ganguly,Dravid and Sehwag, then chances are that India will do good!!

Eclipse

International Debutant
Yes but
A) Laxmann has traditionaly been a poor batsman in ODIs.
B) There is a big difference between being a good player of pace in India and being a good player of pace on bouncy pitches.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Rik
SA do have a bit of a history of choking, but then again, so do India!