• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Roaring tigers of indian cricket team

JaiMurugan

Cricket Spectator
MOre like ***** cats........

I'm as patriotic as they come but these guys simply don't deserve the support and adulation they get from the INdian public.

THey're not held accountable for their performances hence there is no real "fire in the belly" to excel - something cricketers from other countries have.

Sudeep

International Captain
MOre like ***** cats........

I'm as patriotic as they come but these guys simply don't deserve the support and adulation they get from the INdian public.

THey're not held accountable for their performances hence there is no real "fire in the belly" to excel - something cricketers from other countries have.
Why don't we give them less adulation when we win then? We shower them with the greatest compliments when they are doing well, much higher than any other nation lauds their players when they win. It's so evident that we're not the most consistent team. It's something every Indian fan should realize and thus accept loses as they are supposed to be, rather than over-react. Our performances in the last 12 months haven't been anything special. Sure we're probably going to be knocked out of the tournament earlier than we would have liked and deserved, but there is no way we can say that based on our performances over recent times, we were favorites. I'm not being sadistic here, but it's the truth: we Indian fans over-react, whether it's winning or losing.

JaiMurugan

Cricket Spectator
Why don't we give them less adulation when we win then? We shower them with the greatest compliments when they are doing well, much higher than any other nation lauds their players when they win. It's so evident that we're not the most consistent team. It's something every Indian fan should realize and thus accept loses as they are supposed to be, rather than over-react. Our performances in the last 12 months haven't been anything special. Sure we're probably going to be knocked out of the tournament earlier than we would have liked and deserved, but there is no way we can say that based on our performances over recent times, we were favorites. I'm not being sadistic here, but it's the truth: we Indian fans over-react, whether it's winning or losing.

Well I never said anything about winning or losing per se. As things currently stand in INdian cricket, you cannot expect the team to perform consistently - so think we need to maintain a realistic view about our team chances in any series/tournament.

Unless there is a seachange in attitudes, INdia will not be able to perform consistently well as a team.

Sudeep

International Captain
Well I never said anything about winning or losing per se. As things currently stand in INdian cricket, you cannot expect the team to perform consistently - so think we need to maintain a realistic view about our team chances in any series/tournament.

Unless there is a seachange in attitudes, INdia will not be able to perform consistently well as a team.

My comment was pertinent to your statement that our players don't deserve the adulation given to them by the public. My point was, why do we give it to them in the first place, when it is evident we're not as consistent as a world-beating team should be. Whenever we win, the public DOES behave as if we are.

JaiMurugan

Cricket Spectator
My comment was pertinent to your statement that our players don't deserve the adulation given to them by the public. My point was, why do we give it to them in the first place, when it is evident we're not as consistent as a world-beating team should be. Whenever we win, the public DOES behave as if we are.

I honestly can't pinpoint one particular reason for that.....one thing though is that in our society "star culture" is a lot more pronounced than it is in a Western country...people like Tendulkar and Salman Khan are made out to be demi-gods and can get away with just about anything. It's something that's ingrained in Indian culture and hence it's no surprise that Indian cricket is also privy to it.